CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

Season 2 Episode 3 - The Would-Be Prince of Darkness

3RD POV:

A woman clad in blue stands atop a one-story building above an outside pool, seeming frightened when Lucifer Morningstar steps up behind her as the wind whistles around them. "Go on. Go ahead, jump. You know you want to." He encourages her, whispering in her ear. "Hmm? Trust me it's a warm welcome."

"Won't it hurt?" She questions, looking into the clear water.

"Oh, there's only one way to find out." She leaps off the roof, cannonballing into the pool with the other party guests cheering and shouting in celebration; Lucifer takes a sip of his drink and heads back down to find Ravana Lowell.

Lucifer walks around, still trying to find Ravana among the others; seeing as she was actually invited to the party by the sports star, he heads inside to see Ravana talking to some of the other guests

Lucifer walks around, still trying to find Ravana among the others; seeing as she was actually invited to the party by the sports star, he heads inside to see Ravana talking to some of the other guests. "There you are." He whispers into her ear, not seeing the shiver he caused.

"Where have you been?" She asks him as she turns to him.

"I just helped a lovely lady jump off of the roof into the pool." He confesses, and she smiles at him shaking her head.

"Hope you don't mean push." She remarks and walks off to find something to drink, and he catches the host talking to a sexy woman in red and can't help but walk over as the woman in red tries to pressure Ty into loosening up. "You're the man of the hour. Everyone's here to see you. What's the worst that can happen?" She tries to persuade him. "Come on, have one drink with me."

"I can't, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a buzzkill. I'm just... I'm not in the mood to party, all right?" Ty declines the woman.

"How can you decline this ravishing siren's invitation to imbibe?" Lucifer questions the man with a chuckle seeing the blush on the woman's cheeks from his compliment.

"Well, if L.A.'s taught me anything, constant rejections do build character." She slips in a bit of guilt toward Ty.

"Sincerely doubt 'constant rejecting' is something you ever deal with," Lucifer comments with a chuckle.

"You could learn a thing or two from this guy." She says and slips away.

"Oh." Lucifer chuckles and watches her walk away. "Witty, charming and wise. Have you lost your mind?" He questions the quarterback.

"Do I know you?" Ty asks him.

"Lucifer. Morningstar." He introduces himself.

"Right, you're the club owner guy who grants people favours," Ty replies, having heard of the man. "With the bodyguard, everyone would like to have. Yeah, she's a friend, and I don't need anything from you."

"Oh, I beg to differ, Ty. I have been looking for you all night. And you are in desperate need of my help. Star quarterback, number one draft pick, and yet, for some inexplicable reason, a virgin." Lucifer comments.