Chapter Twenty-Eight: Him.

***Warning: This chapter contains mention of blood, gore, PTSD, depression/anxiety, and angst, angst, and more angst

This is very descriptive and very, very, horrific. Like. This made me feel queasy writing it and I have probably the strongest stomach. If you feel uncomfortable reading this, then please do not. There will be a part where it ends, and I'll make sure to make a point to show it if you want to skip it. This is a serious thing that a lot of people suffer from, and personally, I cannot relate to what is mentioned, but I've done a lot of research and studies about it. Please, please, PLEASE do not read if things like blood or degradation offend, or triggers any kind of mental problems you have. I can't figure out how to make only a chapter pg 13+ but I trust that no little kids are reading this or that'd be a little fucked up.

Explicit Content: extreme gore***

You peeled your eyes open, blinking at the lights around you. You stared up at the sky full of stars, slowly processing what was going on. Sirens blared around you, people yelled in fear, and things pummeled to the ground with loud crashes and heavy thumps. You could hear the noises a few meters away in the distance, so you weren't exactly in the midst of everything.

You pulled yourself to your feet, wincing at the pull in your legs and hip. They ached as if you had just been running, or you'd been shoved to the ground harshly. You didn't remember being pushed down, in fact, you couldn't remember anything at all. You didn't know where you were, how you got there, or why you were there in the first place.

However, when you saw something flash in the corner of your eye and then a loud voice, you became concerned. You tilted your head up, your hair falling over your bare shoulder. You looked down again, this time at your attire. Black tank top and jeans. What was on your pants? A dark spot covered the top of your thighs, making you frown. You swiped your hand across it, maybe trying to brush it off, but was confused when you felt some of it transfer onto your hand. You brought your hand up so you could examine whatever the slightly warm substance was. A scarlet color was smeared across the palm of your hand, making you gasp in surprise. Were you bleeding? No. It didn't feel like you were. Nothing was hurting, and you didn't feel a gash or a cut anywhere.

This wasn't your blood. Who's could it be? You could hear sirens behind you. Maybe something had happened, and you were caught in it, then came over here? You looked behind you, to where the flashing lights and shadows of people rushed past. Was this where everything was happening? Was there some kind of disaster? The ground looked broken up--an earthquake maybe? There were chunks of stone and concrete around you that looked like they'd once been part of a building, so it was a logical explanation. But...you couldn't say that's what the cause of all of this was. No. This was too...

Odd.

It was the only thing you could think of. A feeling of uneasiness and dread settled inside of you, causing your stomach to churn with anxiety. A harsh sense of deja vu struck you as felt a looming atmosphere fall around you. The air encompassing you seemed to thin out, making it more difficult to breathe. You swallowed the lump forming in your throat as you slowly stepped around in a circle. Your eyes flashed all around you, searching the shadows and the area around you. What was this? Why were you feeling so paranoid all of a sudden? It was like you were becoming more and more frightened of the area around you with each passing second. 

What was that? Did something just run past you? What made that sound? What hit your leg? What was that moving? What was by that building? Did that sound come from behind you? Was someone watching you? Were those footsteps? What was that figure? Was it walking? Where to? To you? No, it was walking somewhere else. Who was it? You couldn't see their face? What was that laying on the ground? Was that a person? Was someone laying on the concrete? What were they doing down there? Was that person going to help them? No, they were kneeling away from them. Were they pressing their ear to the ground? Why would do that?