To The City Of Life

In the grandeur of the brightly lit castle, a spacious room accommodated a lone figure eagerly anticipating the arrival of the individual who had valiantly saved his people. Seated upon his throne, the king's face beamed with delight as Maple forcefully pushed open the door to his majestic throne room. She appeared different now, devoid of her customary wings and halo, while her once golden tresses had transformed into a striking ebony hue. Nevertheless, the king's discerning eyes immediately recognized her as Maple. Such trifling changes mattered little, as he surmised that she had likely employed illusionary magic to conceal her altered appearance.

A hearty laugh escaped the king's lips, signifying the overwhelming sense of relief he felt. The threat to his kingdom can be considered vanquished, and now he could rest easy.

Have a problem? Pray to god, and he'll send you a solution.

"Ah, dear savior, you have returned triumphant!" he exclaimed, still cherishing his seat of power. All his attendants in the room comprehended what was expected of them as they swiftly departed to arrange a grand feast in celebration, respectfully bowing their heads as they passed by Maple.

However, Maple scratched her head in slight dismay. "But I need to go..."

Upon witnessing her intention to leave, the king's grip on the chalice in his hand grew loose, causing it to slip from his grasp and fall to the floor with successive clinks and clunks, the sound resonating melodiously as it descended the steps, ending it's graceful fall on the throne room's floor.

"What?! Where are you going?!" the king exclaimed, rising abruptly from his throne. He could not permit their savior, the beacon of light and their source of hope to leave, not now.

"To complete my next quest," Maple responded.

"A-quest?!" the king gasped, taken aback by her statement. A quest from God. After all, who else can give the being in front of him task, if not the All Mighty himself.

"Yes!" Maple affirmed, raising three fingers as she enumerated her forthcoming endeavors. "Uhh...dragon, Demon Lord, and Fallen Angel."

She proceeded to outline the details of her quest as dictated by the system.

The king fell into a momentary stunned silence, his mind processing the weighty implications of her words. Eventually, a resounding laughter erupted from him, filling the room with unrestrained mirth.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" he boomed.

Confused by the king's sudden outburst, Maple turned to the knight who had just entered the room.

"You heard her," ordered the king, who had already resumed his consumption of food and indulgence of wine. "Prepare an adventurers guild card for her."

"Uh, yes, Your Majesty?" responded the perplexed knight.

It had unquestionably been a day filled with intricate complexities for all involved. But the king has his reasons.

Why send the knights with her, when they would be mere decorations? Let her go on her own, and he'll wait for the good news, all comfy in his castle.

What a wonderful world.

🔸

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh," a woman draped in a flowing robe pondered the missteps of her life. Her humble origins as a commoner's daughter had left her unsure of what lay ahead. She had devoted herself to relentless studying, hoping to secure a promising future.

Would she become a merchant, perhaps? Or a maid serving a nobleman? Maybe even find employment within the castle walls? Her aspirations were grand, fueled by a relentless hunger for success.