Chapter 1

Stella Stilinski's P.O.V.

I let my eyes flicker to the mirror as I drove and took in the difference from the blonde haired perfect, good girl look/complex I used to have. I used to bite my tongue never voicing my opinion and I had perfect grades with a 4.5 GPA score by the time I graduated high school. I never got detention and I was the example that every parent wanted their child to be like. I am related to Stiles Stilinski.

He is my cousin and I am three years older than him and we’re super close since I don’t have any other siblings and my parents died in a plane crash last year. I now have black hair tattoo sleeves on both my arms mainly to cover the old self-harm scars but I still believe that manners and morals are still very important. I am a very sarcastic person (I was the one who taught Stiles all he knows) I was currently on my way to pick them up since I didn’t really trust the two of them to make it home safely when they were together.

I saw them around the front entrance chatting with a few of their friends and I rolled my eyes messing with my hair before climbing out and walking over, “hey guys you ready to go?” One of the guys with cropped dark hair one glanced at me, biting his lip and Stiles eyes widened knowing where this was immediately heading, “damn baby what’s your name?” I rolled my eyes scoffing, “too old for you.” Stiles and Scott headed to my car and Scott’s eyes widened as he saw the Audi R8 I’d worked my ass off for, “like her?” he nodded, “and no you can never drive her I do not trust you with it at all so don’t get any ideas either of you.” they both visibly deflated making me laugh.

We made it home and I cursed under my breath, “hey I need to head to the store do you guys need anything?” They broke apart from their conversation about some Derek guy, “umm can you get us some Red Bull please.” I rolled my eyes muttering under my breath, “your adhd ass does need more energy.” I sighed caving though, “yeah alright sure anything else?” they looked at each other then shook their heads, “alright well I’ll be back in about twenty.” they nodded climbing out of the car and I sped off towards the local grocery store.

I was fine for about five minutes of browsing before some creepy guy got way too close for my liking then he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling my back to his front, “hey baby wanna come home with me?” I gave him the politest smile I could in a situation like this, “I’m sorry sir but I have a boyfriend.” he scoffed, “yeah right.” I walked away but he followed me making me quietly growl under my breath, “c’mon one date.” I snatched my arm away from him, “dude I said no.” I noticed movement behind him and I immediately connected the dots and assumed he was Derek that Stiles was scared of.

"Oh hey look there he is now.” I scurried towards Derek, “I know you don’t know me but this guys won’t leave me alone so please just play along.” he gave me a weird look, “yeah babe I found it we can check out now.” Derek nodded entangling our fingers, “alright let’s get going then sweetheart.” I felt a strange flutter in my stomach at the use of the pet name, “this is the tool you’re dating?” Derek growled, “dude leave her the hell alone she obviously rather be with a guy that treats her like the queen she is and not like she’s a whore on the street corner.”

I was in shock that he defended me like that but I shrugged it off walking with him and once we were out of sight of the guys I released a breath I wasn’t aware I was holding, “are you alright he didn’t hurt you did he?” I shook my head, “no he was just trying to be very persuasive um sorry for making that awkward I’m Stella I’m Stiles’ cousin.” he nodded, “he’s mentioned you before I think he said you two were close.” I nodded before realizing that I wasn’t supposed to open up to anyone other than Stiles, “um anyway thanks for the help but I gotta get back to the house now.”

I quickly rushed away from him ringing up my items in the self checkout to escape the situation quicker. I sighed realizing how rude I was and noticed him exiting and I rushed to catch up, “hey I’m sorry that was so rude of me I shouldn’t have done that how about I take you out for a drink to thank you probably.” he shook his head and I thought he was rejecting me but instead he offered something else, “how about you come over to my house and we can drink safely there so that no other creeps get to you.” I rolled my eyes but smiled fondly at him, “alright yeah that sounds like a great plan tonight at eight?”

He nodded and walked over to a Camaro, “nice car.” he nudged his head towards mine, “yours is better.” and I smirked, “bet your ass it is hell of a lot more expensive too.” he nodded and handed me a sticky note, “my number so that I can text you my address.” I went to walk away, “wait hold on why are you being so nice now Stiles said you're more closed off then this?” and I shrugged, “you did me a favor and I wanna thank you that’s all.” he nodded accepting it, “see you at eight then.” I nodded heading to my car with the biggest smile I’ve had in a long time. I rushed home and bombarded Stiles with questions, “what can you tell me about Derek? Is he a nice guy? Will he hurt me like others in the past? What’s his last name? Why didn’t you tell me he was so hot?” he looked stunned.

“Uh yeah he can be a nice guy, no he won’t hurt you that kind of goes against his moral code, his last name is Hale, and what?” I giggled, then covered my mouth, my eyes widened, “did you just….giggle?” I rolled my eyes, “no shut up.” I lightly punched his shoulder which then turned into a full on wrestling match between us before it was broken up by Noah, “hi Uncle Noah.” he hugged me, “hey kiddo how’s life treating you?” I shrugged and he rolled his eyes, “so detailed I don’t know what to do with myself.”

I rolled my eyes and let them glance to the side at the clock seeing that it was six, “well I need to get ready to meet someone so I’ll talk to you in the morning.” they both looked at each with worry in their eyes, “don’t worry I’ll be fine I promise.” I kissed Noah’s cheek and hugged Stiles heading to get changed into something more appropriate to impress Derek. Wait what I did not just think that.

1222 words