Grey

Its spring and that is honestly one of the most annoying seasons with winter topping the food chain.

Ugh, I hate rain.

Grunting under my breath, I ran out of the bus like the other students and into the school building. I looked at my now wet jacket as I walked to my locker and a small whine escaped my lips. Now, that rain was pissed.

I entered my locker code and got busy arranging my locker even when it didn't need it. You see, I have a slightly major case of OCD. I love my things arranged and any slight damage could cause an uproar in my head. I hate it so much.

When I got all my notes and textbooks arranged, I got out the ones I needed and switched it with the one I didn't need in my bag. Now here's the part I hate, I looked back at my locker and realized that one of my books didn't stick in properly but like every normal student that would ignore it, I couldn't. I got back to re-arranging and it took so long that the bell rung and I had to just stuff everything in.

I took off to my homeroom before my teacher could make it. He was always 5 minutes late.

My class was as rowdy as ever. People talking here and there mostly because Mr. Tevin, our homeroom teacher wasn't around yet. Moving to my seat, I had to dodge a couple paper planes and paper balls. Gosh, these people could be kids.

Just as I sat down, Mr. Tevin came in and the class immediately quiet down. I tried to get comfortable on my seat but failed miserably because I suddenly became restless when I remembered my unarranged locker.

"Hey guys." He said as he dropped his cup of maybe coffee on his desk.

"Hi." We murmured back.

"So, how was everyone's weekend?" Mr. Tevin asked as he leaned on his table. Our homeroom teacher had always been a friendly man and very approachable no matter what mood he was in.

He even has a good relationship with almost all his students. Well, everyone except me. It is like I'm not noticed when it comes to anything relating to interacting, I'm just not paired up with anyone in class and no one tries to talk to me. However, this makes me unnecessarily shy when someone actually talks to me.

"Tom, mind sharing with the class how your weekend was?"

Tom Levee was the newly assigned football captain after the last one had an accident which rendered his legs useless. It was a depressing moment for our school, mostly the team but Tom was just as good as him so after the depressing week was over, they were back on top.

"I wouldn't say it was too bad." He chuckled along with the class. "Had a little fun here and there."

Tom was blessed with awesome brown hair with the most amazing gray eyes. Allow me to admire. Those eyes can catch me from afar. He wore a simple black shirt and a pale grey jeans. He never puts effort to what he wears, maybe that's why he doesn't have a girlfriend. Whatever.

Mr. Tevin laughed, "Okay, now do you care to explain what type of fun?"

He glanced at his friends that were also on the football team then back at the teacher and said, "Playing games, hitting the beach..."

"What type of game? What beach?" Mr. Tevin asked all kinds of weird and annoying questions until you spill something vulgar and trust me, people do really bad stuff.

"Halo. Uh, the beach just down the road."

"You have a beach down your road?"

"Not mine. I don't just remember the name of the beach."

"Are you sure you went to the beach Tommy?"

"Oh Christ!" And with that everyone started laughing.

I would have thought that was funny if I didn't feel like running back to my locker to re-arranging my books.

"Tom, you've kept a clean record with me, I'm surprised." The teacher smiled at him.

"I try my best." He said as he ran a hand through his hair.

Rolling his eyes, he turned to face the whole class then said, "I've practically asked everyone here questions but there's someone I haven't had the pleasure of annoying." The class started to murmur but Mr. Tevin continued, "Yale, would you do me the pleasure of answering a few questions of mine?"

And just like that, I froze.

For someone who isn't naturally socially awkward, I can sure pass as one right now. I slowly looked up from my table and stared at the man.

"S-sure."

And like that, all eyes were on me.

And I've never seen so many eyes on me before. It's so weird.

"Alrighty then. Tell me Yale, what do you think about you is special?"

I blinked. Special? Me? He must be totally kidding me.

I guess he must have seen the doubt on my face because he rose a brow and I said, "Uh, nothing?"

Mr. Tevin rose a brow in questioning, "Really? Nothing?"

"I g-guess."

"Wrong answer Yale." He fell silent and we had some kind of staring competition which I lost to because of my restlessness. "I'm going to give you until Wednesday to come up with a better answer. I shall now proceed with class." He added just when first period bell rang.

Exhaling, I glanced down at my empty desk and realized I hadn't gotten down my notes or writing materials out like I normally do. This in turns added to my restlessness, making me drum beats with my fingers on the table and shift around on my seat awkwardly.

What a weird way to start the first class of the week.

As I got out my book and arranged them on my table, I sense a pair of eyes looking my way. At first, I ignored it but then it was starting to make me feel weird so I met with those eyes.

Those piercing grey eyes that took my breath away.