Chapter VII

It has been one week since I was hospitalized, they are running a final round of tests to make sure I am fully recovered. I know I am as I did a self-check. It was around 1pm when the doctor cleared me for discharge. My parents handled the discharge procedures even though I told them I can do it myself.

The whole ride home, I was messaging Ben about dinner plans for the night. I was sure that my family forgot about it and I was not going to remind them about it. When we reached home, I carried my duffel bag to my room and unpacked my stuff. I pulled out my books and add them to my book collection on the shelf. Then I threw all my clothes into the laundry basket, making a mental note to do the laundry later.

I sat down to complete the last part of my assignment. It was around 3 pm when I completed the assignment. I went to do my laundry which took an hour to finish. I ironed and folded my clothes and arranged them in my closet. Then I got prepared for the dinner celebration. I took a pink causal dress which Ben brought for me as a birthday present. I completed the look with a clutch and white heel. I remembered to take a winter coat; I always fall sick around this timing. I wore my gloves and hat.

I heard a car horn outside my house. I went down the stairs to see that my whole family dressed up for dinner. I was shocked but I did not let it show on my face.

"Hey, guys ready for the dinner?" Ben called out while leaning against the car door while Sop peeped out of the window.

"Yeah, we are" Dad replied.

"Princess you will ride with us. We will meet you at the restaurant I have sent the address to you," Ben informed my dad while I board the car. I took a seat behind the driver seat; Sop was seating between me and her mum.

"I am happy that you are alright. I was so shocked when Ben told me that my baby was in the hospital," Aunt May, Sop's mum, spoke to me in a broken voice,

"I am fine now mama, they were small injuries, I am a strong girl, and you know that" I smile and comfort her.

"Ma, sometimes I feel like I am stranger while the girls are your only children" Ben teased his mother,

"Yes, they are my only children, I picked you up the streets" his mum teased him back. The ride to the place was filled with teasing and laughter.

When I noticed that Ben made a reservation at my favourite place I was jumping in joy. He smiled at my happiness. We were brought to our table; we were given the menu before the waitress left us to look through the menu. I did not look at it as I already know what I am going to order. The only ones looking at the menu was my family.

"Hey Ben, my princesses, Aunty and Uncle, it has been a while since I saw you all here. What is the occasion and who are the new faces" Jordan asked while he got ready to take our orders.

"Hey, they are my parents and brothers" I simply introduced them ignoring the shock that flickered through the faces.

"We are here for two reasons, one is to celebrate the discharge of E, and the second is to celebrate their internships which they will be starting next. Jordan you can take their order first," Ben informed Jordan and pointed towards my family. While taking their orders, the hostess walked toward us while guiding someone to our table. It was Anna,

"Hey, sorry I am late. I hope I did not keep you guys waiting" she apologized.

"Oh, Princess An is here too," Jordan chuckled when he saw Anna,

"What would you guys like to have," he asked us,

"I will have the usual," I informed him, and he nodded. The rest asked for their usual as well. We are too often, and we order the same every time.