Chapter XI

Austin's POV

It has been a week, we lost contact with Elsa, and we are using all the resource official ones and unofficial ones to find her. We are on the way to Elsa's home to inform her family of her missing status. Her friends are there else waiting for us. She is supposed to be with us right now.

Dad rang the doorbell and Jane opened the door. She scanned our faces and looked over our shoulders. Joining the dots, she started to crumble down,

"NO! Where is she? Ken, you told me that she will be safe" she cried while grabbing and shaking my dad.

"Ma'am please calm down, losing contact with her does not mean she is hurt, it could also mean there was a technical failure and she is on the way home" I tried to comfort her. Her cries became louder. Her husband led us to his living room. Sophia and Anna were in tears, they heard the conversation at the door.

"She will be fine right Aus?" Sop asked me in teary eyes

"I hope so Sop, I want her back home safely. And we are doing everything we can to bring her home, I can assure you that" I told her firmly.

We left them to cope with the new information. We spend every day looking for her. It became two months since she went missing. Her family and everyone that knows her are breaking.

I received a call from Sophia, asking me and my family to come over to Elsa's house. Thinking they heard from Elsa we all rushed to her house dropping everything we were doing. We just walked in as the door was open.

"What happened?" I asked the room hoping someone will tell me the reason for calling us here.

"I found this number and a surname in Elsa's diary, I think it is important as she wrote in her diary," Sophia informed us. She is right, with Elsa's photographic memory she does not have to write down a phone number. I took the dairy from Sop and saw the surname before I froze.

"What's wrong Austin?" Jake asked me,

"The surname is Russo, he is the eldest son of Italian Mafia, why does Elsa have his number?" I ponder while skimming through her dairy to find out more of their relationship, but I could not find one.

Elsa's POV

I was taken when I was "trying" to run away from the gang members. The first week they took lots of detours. Somehow, they found out about my tracker, they disabled it. It was not a nice experience, it made me have three broken ribs and busted lips.

When they finally brought me to their hideout, I saw the 20 girls. They were bruised hey look dead. The eyes were lifeless. They looked ready to give up on their life. Even though I know that my family and friends will be worried about me. I stayed there to help the girls out, I took all the beating that the girls were to get. I gave them all my food.

It was has been a month since I came here. The girls look better now while I look worse, but I was still strong enough to escape from this place.

"Guys, we are leaving the place in a few hours. I need you to be prepared. The guys with a rose tattoo on their right arms, trust them. Listen to them," I ordered the girls, they nod.

I reached to my anklet which the gang did not notice. I pushed open the heart charm and pressed on it three times. Now I will wait for the rescue team.

"Finally, you are here, I need you to take out these girls and send them back to their families. We need to hand the gang over to the police officers," I said when I felt a gust of wind.

"Nice to meet you again baby girl? I want an explanation for this after I take you to the doctor" the man spoke with a smirk hiding his anger.

"I am fine Jack, I need to go—" I fell my eyesight turned black while my brain shut down. I felt arms catching me, and I heard him whisper,

"You are safe" and I was gone.

I woke up to a familiar room, I looked around and sighed recognizing the room.

"Oh, the sleeping beauty is awake. Let me go get Jack" Cole said as he left the room to call his brother.

After a while, Jack walked in and sat down on the bed while looking at me.

"Care to explain what happened before you passed out?" he asked me sternly,

"I was helping Austin and Jake with the missing girls' case. And I placed myself as bait. They somehow found out about the tracker. And I could not leave the girls alone Jack. They were dying. So after getting their strength up, I called you for help" I mumbled out my explanation.

"I am not going to scold you, baby. But I will tell you this, you scared us sweetheart, and I am sure your family is worried, as you have been in a coma for one month that makes you missing for two months. I did not get to handover the girls and the gang to the police as I was fussing over you," Jack updated me as I sat in shock.

"Here, call your family," Jack passed me his phone, he left the room after kissing my cheeks making me blush.

"Wait, did you say two months? Wait that means it's my birthday in a week time. We shall surprise them with my appearance!" I told him my plan happily, he agreed to it.

"The things I do for you baby" he shook his head chuckling,

"Because you love me so much" I pouted at him, he confessed to me last year on my birthday. Jack is one of my childhood best friends. He was my next-door neighbour, he was homeschooled by his dad. But he let us hang out in the afternoons. One day they left without a word. I was travelling to Italy for a meeting with a doctor when I bumped into him literally. Even though we are meeting years later, we managed to recognize each other. We reconnected and I found out about his family history. He was shocked to see that I was not scared of him or his family. His dad accepted me into his family which meant I was under his protection. He low key hopes that I will get together with his son.

I am in love with him as well, I wanted to complete my studies before I accept his love. But after this mission, the tortures and there were times when I almost died,

"Jack, erm" I played with my thumbs,

"I like you too," I confessed to me making him freeze

"What you mean, darling?" he asked me

"I said, I love you too. Please do not leave me, but I also hope that you will wait for me to complete my studies before I put you first in my life" I said,

"Baby, I will never come in between you and your dreams, in fact, I want you to complete it all before you come to me," Jack smiled before he gave me the most beautiful first kiss.