Chapter 1

Edgar and Dave had been living together for about three years, they shared a cozy apartment next to their neighbor Karkat. Dave was a friend of Karkat however Edgar wasn't a fan of him. To Edgar, Karkat was rude, immature, and uncool, unlike Dave... Edgar thought that Dave was amazing, smart, and super cool! How could he not like him?

Edgar woke up early to make Dave breakfast, he put on his usual outfit and got to cooking some pancakes

"Good morning..." Dave came out of his room still half asleep "morning Dave! I'm making pancakes!" He pointed to a plate of soft golden pancakes "ah sweet thanks Edgar" He took a glass plate from a cabinet and put two of the pancakes on it then started eating "this is pretty good" Edgar nodded and finished making the last few pancakes then he cleaned himself up and started heading out the door "leaving this early?" Dave questioned "yeah I have a few things I need to get I'll be back soon~" the painter left quickly and shut the door.

A few hours later Edgar came back with some painting supplies to see no one else than Karkat sitting next to Dave. Edgar's blood boiled at the sight of them together.. *why is he here? What should I do? He needs to leave now.* those sentences rang in his head till Dave said "yo ur back" and waved Edgar waved back and Karkat said nothing "me and Karkat where just chilling wanna join?" Edgar nodded and sat down on the other side of dave then stuck his tongue out at Karkat and gave him a death stare. Karkat stood up awkwardly and went to the door "I'll be going now." "Alright later man" Dave said before relaxing on the couch again and sighing "so what did you get?" Edgar pulled out some paintbrushes, canvases, and a few new paints "just some stuff for art!" Dave nodded "rad, well I'm going to my room see you later" he said before walking off. After he left Edgar went to his room then set down the supplies then laid on his bed *what should I do? Every time I see Dave I get so flustered! Karkat is only getting in my way. Wait he also has a crush on Dave doesn't he? Oh god he'll take him from me... I have to do something quick!* he got up and paced around the room. Although, there was only one thing he could do.