Chapter 3:

"Are you ok?" I heard a gentle but monotone man say. I just laid there not knowing what to do, still wide-eyed from what had just occurred moments ago.

"Hello?" The man said again, this time leaning over me waving his hand in my face. I got a good look at him. This man looked no older than 19, his ocean blue eyes sparkled in the moonlight and his raven hair tied into a low ponytail moved with the light breeze. His expressionless face showed no emotion whatsoever. 

'Wow. He's really attractive' I thought to myself.

'What! wait no don't think like that you just met him!' I scolded myself before I was interrupted.

"Hello? Are you ok miss?" His words brought me back to reality. I let out a simple no and he nodded. He picked my body up into a bridal position and walked towards my house. I yelped as I was surprised but also in pain.

"M-my back. Please be careful." I managed to mutter out between sobs.

"Oh, sorry." He replied in a slightly caring tone that I barely caught on to. He walked into my home and gently laid me on the floor of my kitchen. I let out a little squeal when I tried to settle a bit. The man scrummaged around my house until he came back with a first-aid kit. He grabbed the things out of my arms and sat them next to me. He noticed the gash on my ankle so he attended to that first. As he bandaged it up, I let out little yips and yelps from the pain, but I tried to keep them low to not look like a big softy. Amongst the silence, he started to speak.

"I'm Tomioka Giyuu."

"O-oh, I'm (L/n) (Y/n)." I stuttered out. After he finished up he sat there and got a little red. He looked into my (e/c) eyes and spoke.

"You're going to have to, um, move your clothing so I can tend to your hip." He blurted out, still with that emotionless face but the redness remained. My eyes widened while still looking into his blue orbs and I felt my face heat up.

"O-oh. U-um uh, o-ok." I pulled away from his gaze and tugged away the skirt portion of my yukata just enough to show my wound but still cover myself up. Tomioka-san wasted no time and rushed to quickly fix up the would.

"Ok, I'm done, (L/n)-san." He said as I sighed with relief that that was over until I realized that I still had the wound on my back. I looked back up at him and saw he realized the same thing.

"W-well, let's j-just get this over w-with," I uttered while looking away due to embarrassment. He let out a slight hum in response.

"T-turn around p-please." I quickly vocalized to him. With that, he was facing the opposite direction. I sat up quickly and yelped from the pain. 

"Are you ok?" He asked. I ignored him and slipped it off my top half revealing my back. I grabbed my father's haori and held it against my chest, covering myself.

"O-ok, y-you can t-turn around now, T-Tomioka-san." I stuttered out. I watched him as he slowly turned around and made his way to my back. (By the way, right now he's to your right.) He quickly patched up my back and gave me a tap to tell me I was good now. I told him to turn around once more and he obeyed. I fixed myself up once again and gave him the ok. He gently laid me back down and said.

"I'm going to go bury your family now. Just rest here until I'm done." I nodded and closed my eyes. After about an hour I woke up to his hand on my shoulder, gently shaking me awake.

"(L/n)-san, wake up, please. We're going to pay respects to your family and then we're leaving." I nodded and wrapped my father's belongings into my arms. Tomioka-san picked me up in a bridal carry once again and carried me out the door. We paid respects to my family and Tomioka-san asked me if I was ready to leave.

"Where are we going," I asked with a curious face.

"To the headquarters." He responded.

"Headquarters of what?" I questioned him once again. 

"The demon slayer corps' headquarters." He said bluntly, picking me up from in front of my brother's grave. That's when things started to click.