Chapter 5:

"Ara Ara what do we have here." I looked forward to seeing a small woman with purple eyes. She had black hair that faded into a pretty lavender and it was being pinned back by a butterfly clip. 

'She's quite beautiful' I thought. 'But tiny, very tiny'.

"This is the oldest child from the (L/n) family and the only one that survived," Tomioka-san replied with a blank face, even more blank than when he talked to me if that's even possible.

"(L/n) family? As in (L/n) Kenji's family?" The butterfly girl questioned as she signalled Tomioka-san to follow her. 

'how do they know my father?'  I thought but I was brought back with the girl asking another question.

"And what we're you doing near the (L/n) residence? We were told to stay away from there," She continued while standing at the entrance of what seemed to be a hospital room.

"We'll discuss this later" Tomioka-san coldly replied as he walked into one of the rooms. He set me down on one of the beds. I let out a small yelp from the pain and before I could resist, he pulled my father's belongings out of my hands and placed them on the bed next to this one. I noticed I was still wearing his haori and a small blush crept on my face. I quickly took it off and examined it for blood before handing it back.

"I-i'm sorry Tomioka-san, I got blood on your haori" I spoke with sadness in my voice.

"It's fine it'll come out." He replied coldly and with that, he put his haori back on and left the room to let the butterfly girl fix up my wounds, closing the door behind him.

"My name is Kocho Shinobu, I'm the insect pillar," Kocho-san spoke, breaking the silence that was occasionally filled with me holding back groans from the pain.

"Nice to hmmm meet y-you Kocho-san, I'm (L/n) (Y/n)," I responded as she finished up with the wound on my ankle.

"please (Y/n)-san, call me Shinobu!" She scolded me with a sweet smile plastered across her face. I nodded and let out a small 'ok'. She finished up with my wounds then spoke up, glancing at the belongings that were next to us.

"Why were you wearing Tomioka-san's haori if you had one with you?"

"I was told by my father that those would be mine when I turned 18," I said, pointing at the sword and haori laying a few feet away. 

"I promised him that I wouldn't touch them until I was of age. When the... demon... attacked my family, his last words were... to grab these and run. S-so I did. Tomioka-san noticed I was cold while we were heading here, I was asleep when he put the haori over me. I woke up and pulled it off. Tomioka-san got annoyed and put his haori over me even though I told him I was fine." I replied, processing what happened to my family, as tears fell from my eyes. Shinobu pulled me close, hugging me and telling me that I would get through this. After about 10 minutes of sobbing, I slowly stopped and yawned.

"You should get some sleep (Y/n)-san, you've had a rough day." I nodded and with that, I went to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------

This one is a little shorter than what I usually write but I felt it was a perfect time to stop. The next chapter will be a normal length or even longer! Ok bye! -Author-chan <3