Chapter 3

“Sky…” Nicki whimpered, staring at the spot on the ground.

“Ok, calm down. Let’s try not to panic.” Jason tried to soothe, but failed, as he was shaking.

Are you nuts? Sky’s been taken! Captured!” Ty shouted, briskly pacing. Tears were forming in his eyes. “They’ll probably torture him. Who knows what all they could be doing to him now?”

“Sky wouldn’t have wanted us to lose our heads, so let’s try and think." Jason took out the tracker. "Herobrine isn’t one to act without a practical goal in mind, so they must have taken him to interrogate him or some such thing. Sky’s a tough nut to crack, so that might give us some time to find him.” He sighed. “He’s out of range. We’ll need to walk around to get a signal.”

Ty pulled himself together and grabbed his sword. “Ok. Let’s move out!”

…...

Sky groaned as he slowly regained consciousness. What happened last night? Blinking, he saw that he was in a metal cage. Typical. Beyond there, he could see he was in a large room, dimly lit by torches. Surrounding him on all sides was water, squids and all. This doesn't look good. Herobrine spawned in front of him, floating.

"Oh! What do you want?" Sky jumped, irritated. Herobrine stood motionless, not speaking. His turquoise shirt and dark blue pants were the typical outfit for a miner, but what set him apart was his eyes. They were completely white; no pupils. He was a creepy sight to see. The horrifying stories told about him had been commonly dismissed as rumors, but he was obviously real, floating before Sky in the flesh- er, spirit.

......

Meanwhile, Jason, Ty, and Nicki were wandering around, not making much progress in their search. Ty was trying everything; climbing up trees, under logs, anything; but 'twas all in vain because they couldn't get a reading.

       If only we had some help doing this… Nicki thought sadly. At this rate, we’ll find Sky in ashes. A rustle in the trees above caught her attention. She froze, and got out her sword quietly. She looked up and saw a small shadow in the branches. In one fluid motion, she threw her sword up at it, causing the branch to snap and send the figure down to the ground.

       It was a mudkip, a tiny blue creature with orange fins on its cheeks, from another land called Pokemon. This species of Pokemon had the power of water to control at will.

       Quickly picking up her sword, Nicki pointed it at the mudkip. “Why are you following us? Answer now!” She snapped. The mudkip squeaked and looked around, speechless and panicked. Two other figures then dropped down from the trees, one a boy in a red plaid hoodie and jeans, and the other a hairy creature resembling Chewbacca wearing a black tuxedo. They both wielded axes and stood before the mudkip defensively.  

       “Nicki! Stop!” Jason and Ty called, noticing what was happening and running over. “They’re our friends!”

       “They are?” Nicki put away her sword and looked at them questioningly. Ty and Jason went to the three and greeted them happily.

       “It’s great to see you all!” Ty smiled, “It looks like the squids haven’t gotten to you guys yet.”

       “What do you mean? What’s happened?” The boy asked.

       Jason shook his head. “Herobrine has joined with the squids and captured Sky.”

       “What?” The bacca gasped, “How?”

       “No time for details now; we’re trying to find Herobrine with this.” Ty held up the tracker.

       “Ok, so who’s the chick?” The boy asked again.