Chapter 10

Sky stirred, feeling a gentle wind move through his hair. Am I dead? No, I don't hear any singing angels. He slowly opened his eyes, seeing a white ceiling above him. He was laying on a bed in a small room, a fan blowing next to him. His armor lay off to the side on the floor. Where...?

Sky shook off his drowsiness and put his feet on the floor. The noise alerted Einshine, who was waiting outside. He burst in, overjoyed. "Sky! You're awake!"

"Shine...where...?" Sky rubbed his head, still dizzy.

"This is the infirmary in your castle. I found you knocked out in the woods. You and the others just came out of nowhere."

"Others...where are they?"

"Waiting outside. You were the last one to wake up."

Sky got up and went outside to the clearing where Team Crafted was gathered talking. Seeing Sky approach, they ran to him and lots of hugging commenced.

"How are we still alive?" Ian asked, laughing.

"I guess fate decided to give us a break this time." Quentin reasoned. Sky looked at his amulet and smiled.

Dillon flapped around, squeaking. He nudged Jason and pointed to the river.

"Hey...check it out." Jason muttered. A lone squid flopped about on the shore.

"I'll handle this." Sky said, walking over. He couldn't help but feel a little bad for the squid, seeing how they pretty much destroyed their land. "No hard feelings, right?" The squid didn't respond, only staring up at him. "If you squids promise never to plot world domination again, maybe we could have peace. How does that sound?" The squid squinted, then shot ink at him and fled into the water. Ty lunged forward with his sword. "Don't worry about it." Sky restrained, wiping off the ink. "If they ever decide to strike again, we'll be ready."

As they went back to the castle, they spied a large group coming in the distance.

"Hey!" It was Nicki, followed by Sky's recruits. She saluted to Sky. "The portal to the squid realm is successfully closed. No one will be going in or out of there any time soon."

Sky nodded in approval. "Well done Recruit. Or should I say, General."

Nicki's eyes widened. "R-really?"

"I think you showed considerable leadership skills in battle. You earned it Nicki."

"I-I won't let you down, Sky sir!" She stammered, going to celebrate with the other recruits. In the cool of the midday breeze, the team rested on the grass, watching the clouds go by.

"I guess we won the Hunger Games after all, Mitch buddy." Jerome sighed.

"That we did." Mitch agreed, putting down his axe and tackling him, starting a mini wrestling match.

"Speaking of Hunger Games, can we go get something to eat? I’m so hungry, I could eat an ender dragon!" Quentin whined, his stomach growling. A threatening hiss from Pepper made him jump. "I was kidding!"

Jason watched them in amusement, petted Jeffrey who was sitting beside him. With a smile, he stated, "It finally seems like the world is at peace."

"I swear to Notch, don't you dare jinx it TrueMU." Ty challenged. He adjusted his headphones and laid back against a tree. “I’d like a day off for once, thank you very much.”

…..

You probably want to know what happened to them all after that. Well, after their battle with the squids was told and retold across the land, Team Crafted received more fame and support than ever before. Names like Deadlox and BajanCanadian became household names. Once things had calmed down, the group split and returned to their normal lives.

Ian: Ian went on to become a skilled scientist and historian, fascinated in how the world of Minecraft was born and how it worked. He even invented a machine that could change coal into diamonds. Einshine became his personal assistant, helping him with research and experiments and occasionally wrecking his lab. Accidentally, of course.

Mitch and Jerome: With their renewed friendship and spirit, Mitch and Jerome headed back to their cabin in the forest, falling back into their rigorous training schedule for the Hunger Games.

Ty: Ty, after much conditioning and training, became a parkour master. There was no wall, ledge or hurdle he couldn't overcome. He became well known for his ambitious drive and ridiculous stunts.

Quentin: Quentin returned to his home in the swamp, occasionally visiting Kermit in his mountain cave. Though he was tempted to evolve many times, he decided he was fine with his fishy self. After much testing, he finally perfected a highly destructive type of TNT that could be lit and exploded underwater.

Jason: Jason, along with his beloved Dillon and Jeffery, returned to his base on the moon. He and his Stars continued to travel unexplored areas of the cosmos, discovering new planets and life forms wherever they went.

Sky: And last but not least, Sky became the commander of his own army, though he insisted that they call him by his informal name, Adam. Under his guidance, they protected the peace of the Minecraft world. He loved each of his recruits dearly, letting them stay in his castle and devoting a lot of time to be with them. Every day was a new adventure with his loyal friends at his side.

...

“Hey Adam!” Einshine called, running up the castle stairs. Sky turned, surprised to see him.

“Oh, what’s up Shine? How’s the lab coming?” Sky greeted, letting him in.

“Gr..eat...gasp...In fact...we just came up with this new invention that we want you to test out.” Einshine panted, waving a paper.

“An invention? Well as long as it’s not a squid spawner, sure. What is it?” Sky took the paper and looked it over. It was a sketch of a rectangular box with a screen on the front, with a control pad attached.

“Well,” Einshine hesitated. “It’s still in beta, but we’re almost certain it will be a hit. You use it to connect with other people easier. We might even make games on it too. We’re going to call it ‘the internet’.”

“Internet huh? Alright, let’s go check it out.” Sky followed Einshine out the door.

And the rest, is history.

Author's Note: So, um, did you like it? I think it turned out pretty well for only being a freshman in high school. I'm a sophomore in high school now, and working on the sequel to this, called Rise of a New Ssundee. I'm really trying to step up my game this time around, and it seems to show. So if you want, go check it out! Thanks for reading!