Chapter one

New city with fresh new starts and plenty of new people to see. I laid in my bed staring up at my ceiling thinking about all the memories I have in this house. The good and the bad ones, chills crept over my body as the cold wind sneaks through my slightly crack window, causing me to let out a gasp.

"Carleigh!" The sound of my mother's voice echos through the walls to my bedroom. I knew that's the clue that it's time to go. I let out a sigh of sadness as I get off the bed.

"Carleigh, let's go!" My mother yells this time starting to get impatient with how long I am taking. " I'm coming!" I groaned shutting the window and grabbing my bag. I look over my shoulder one more time glancing over the room giving it my final goodbye.

"You ready darling?" Question my mother as I take the last few steps.

"As I ever be" I answered her reaching the bottom of the steps.

"It's going to be okay honey. There's a surprise waiting for you at the new house." Mother states with a smile on tan face.

I nodded my head as I followed her into the cold outside and to the car. Her words replaying in my mind like my favorite song, making me wonder what she meant by that.

The car ride was long and boring, nothing to see throughout the journey. I had doze off from time to time feeling guilty of it because of my mother driving the whole time.

It wasn't much longer until we saw the California welcome sign. Eager took over my body as I began to get excited. The fresh start we all so desperately needed was finally here. I watch in amazement of the passing buildings and the crowed cities that awaits me.

The closer we got to the house the more my nerves set in. What was the surprise my mother told me.