Chapter Three

All week I was either helping my mom make the final touches to the house or hanging out with Kinsleigh. I was actually happy that we reconnected with each other.  And I can tell my mom was happy that I had a friend in Los Angels. 

My phone lit up from a text from Kinsleigh. "Get ready and meet me at my house in five" I read out loud so my mom could hear where I was about to go.

I ran upstairs and went into my room. I didn't know what she had in mind but you can never go wrong with sweats and T-shirt.

I walk downstairs and said bye to my mom as I walk out of the door and across the street.

"I'm here!" I yelled while walking right into Kinsleigh's house like the old times.

"Up here!" She yells back from her room.

I give her a nod even though she can't really see it. I ran up to her room, jumping down on her bed once I arrived.

"That's what you're wearing?" She question me.

"Yeah what's wrong with it" I question her back.

"You can't wear that to the party" she says while walking over to her closet looking through it.

"A party? You didn't tell me." I say before continuing on "you just said to get ready, I thought for a movie night since it's the weekend." I stated.

"It's okay. I got you girl." She tells me while throwing me a pink crop top match with a short white skirt and a thin pink floral cardigan to top off the whole outfit.

Before I could say anything she shooed me out of her room. I go into the bathroom and get changed into my new outfit. 

I walk back in her room and gave her a little twirl. She smile wide and clap her hands together.

"Who's party are we going to?" I asked  intrigued.

" I can't say it's surprise" she says with a wink causing me to roll my eyes as she's dragging me out of her room and down the stairs.