Chapter 3

Chapter 3

We walked back to our house and the first thing I did was freak out, but then I was already doing that it was more everyone else joined in. Anyway the group decided to just stay indoors all day and all night until we had to leave.

That night Justin came up with something. " wait a minute... The vampire is only attacking males when they are own their own if we went into town at night but together we wouldn't be touched right?" Justin asked. " I guess not, should we test it" Ethan asked. " NO", I'd rather not be killed thanks" I snapped. " you won't be if we are together" Ethan told me. " you don't know that" Michael called. " well we will be safer together but we can't leave Jake alone" Joe told the group. " come on Jake, you will be with all of us" Justin begged. " ugh fine, but where are we going?" I asked. " there is a festival in town and it's in this hall, it's just some fun it beats sitting here all night" Justin explained.

Everyone started getting ready, showering and choosing what to wear and doing hair and such. But Justin was about to do something else. He was in the shower, as he turned it off he grabbed a towel and wrapped it around him. He grabbed another and was drying hair. He glanced out at the window above the sink and was about to walk off when he stopped himself. He walked backwards and turned to the window to see a Matts face. "MATT" Justin yelled. Running to the window, " open the window Justin" he called evilly. Justin wasn't stupid and he could see by Matt now had pale skin, a glowing face and bright red eyes that he was a vampire just like the man described in the story. " no" Justin said to his face. " I think you will" Matt called slowly. All of a sudden Justin felt like he was under a spell he couldn't take his eyes off Matt's face.

I walked in the room holding two t-shirts, as I walked in I was looking down at my clothes. " Justin which makes he look hotter, Joe is showering so I can't ask him" I said. I looked up to see him looking out the window. " Justin look at me, this is a crisis here I need to look perfect" I called. " JUSTIN" I yelled walking over to the window. As I started to walk over Justin opened the window and Matt jumped in completely naked. " MATT" I yelled. He shoved me hard against the wall which made me feel a little dizzy and dazed. Matt then grabbed Justin by the head and turned his head so his neck was showing, and plunged his teeth into his neck. He began drinking away, when Ethan and Michael ran in the room. they two screamed when they saw all three of us in the room. Matt jumped out the room taking Justin with him quickly. " JAKE" Ethan yelled looking at me. " Jake hasn't been bitten yet, no marks at all I'm guessing he is just hurt" Ethan then explained. " right lets carry him to the sofa downstairs" Michael ordered.

They carried me over to to the sofa," what's wrong with Jake?" Joe yelled and ran over to me. " he is just feeling a bit dazed from Matt we assume he hurt Jake, but he took Justin away" Ethan explained. " Is he going to be ok?" Joe asked rubbing my head." I'm sure he's fine he will come back soon" Ethan explained.

A couple of minutes later I started to come back into reality, " hey you" Joe said nicely and gave me a hug. " but Justin and Matt" I said sounding very confused. " yes Matt got him" Joe explained. " great so now theirs four left, so which one of us is next then?" I yelled while standing up. " look we will be fine" Joe said being interrupted by me. " NO NO... NO we won't, we are going to die except that" I yelled. " hey not if we stick together maybe we could go on a vampire hunt" Ethan called walking into the room. " you what?" I asked. " a vampire hunt, I found this old book on the bookshelf in the office. It has all kinds of information about vampires, how to hunt them, how to kill them and so on" Ethan explained looking at the book.

" so according to this book to hunt a vampire is easy attract them with blood, so if one of us draws some blood they won't be far" Ethan said. " if we do that that they will break in" I said. " no because at night vampires like to keep quiet so they probably won't, if they break a window it will attract attention we will all hear them, therefore they want to be quiet and sneaky" Ethan explained. " I can't believe we are doing this" I complained. " to kill a vampire you can do the classic, a stake to the heart, or the cross. You know the cross of Jesus the religious thing" Ethan explained. " what about garlic?" Michael asked. " no that's a myth apparently" Ethan told him. " their will be crosses at the church, and that's in town" I told the guys. " looks like we better go their, who's up for a adventure?" Ethan asked. " I can't believe I'm saying this but I want to live so let's do it" I told him bravely.

We finished getting dressed and we ran out the house and started running into town. " Come on guys" Ethan yelled out in front. " I have no stamina" I shouted. " I'm just slow with no stamina" Joe yelled. "yeah well the smoking doesn't help, which by the way you've still not given that up yet" I told him. "I gave up a month ago". "please I've seen you smoking behind your house or mine when we are sleeping over with each other". We kept running Ethan was in front Michael was second I was just in third and Joe was just behind me. " where are the vampires?" I shouted. " anywhere but here hopefully" Michael called.

We ran into town and made it to the church, " ok.... I'm having.... A ..... Heart-attack" I said completely out of breath. " so... Am... I" Michael then said out of breath. " same" Joe called also out of breath. "It's not that bad" Ethan told us nearly out of breath. " kids what's going on?" The priest yelled running towards us. " we wanted some crosses to protect us" Ethan explained. " sure I can get you lots and bless them all" he explained and ran over to the massive draws on the stage. He grabbed several crosses and dunked them in holy water. " here look you have each got a necklace and a bigger cross to hold" the priest explained handing us the objects. " and this kills vampires right?" I asked. " well you have to hold it on them for a while but it burns them when it touched them" he explained.

" well lets go kill some vampires!" Ethan ordered!