5: Hope In Home

Chapter 5: Hope In Home

The release papers for Jughead's okay to leave the hospital went through. FP awoke bright and early to head to the hotel's service desk. He explained to the Hotel Clerk that he's checking out of their hotel room. Alice packed her suitcase while FP's handling things down at the hotel's desk. She couldn't believe they were finally allowed to go back home. It started to feel so surreal that it was finally happening. Jughead's finally out of coma and the only issue with that is Jughead doesn't remember them. She hoped that FP wouldn't get too emotionally attached to the idea of Jughead's memory coming back. She knew her husband. This was going to break him even if he won't admit it will.

She went into the walking closet, starting pulling shirts, blouses, cardgains off their hangers. Draping them over her left arm and going to the other side of the closet to grab some more clothes before heading over to the suitcase. She plopped them onto the bed next to the luggage, folded them into a nicely done pile. Next she grabbed them one-by-one, placing the clothes into the case, zipped it up and looked up. It was almost time to pick up Jughead from the hospital. Part of her was excited that he was coming home with them. She wanted to get to know Jughead again. The first time she didn't really bother. Now the boy doesn't even remember her to start off.

Maybe it will be a clean slate for everybody.

The door opened suddenly, FP's head poked on in. He had a nervous smile on his face, a nice blue t-shirt and black jeans. Alice watched as he walked in, kissing her on the nape causing her to giggle.

"Are you all packed?" He asked, withdrawing his lips and wrapped his arms around her midsection.

"Almost." She said, turning her head and planted a peck on the man's lips. "Just finishing up here."

When they finally arrived at the hospital. FP was eager to see Jughead. Alice told everyone that Jughead was coming home with them to Riverdale. Betty said her goodbyes to her mother and Jughead. Polly went back home with Juniper and Dagwood.

Alice and FP headed up to Jughead's floor on the elevator. FP released a nervous laugh before the doors opened again. They went up to Jughead's hospital room and saw Nurse Jade helping the man with raven black hair into a wheelchair. Alice knocked on the door with her knuckles. FP stood next to her, arm draped around her waist. Jughead's eyes moved toward the sound. He smiled faintly when he saw FP and Alice standing in the doorway.

"Ready to go?" They asked Jughead.

Jughead's nurse rolled him over to them. He nodded, sending a thankful smile to his nurse. FP helped carry his belongings. Jughead's dressed in regular clothes. Apparently FP went to the store and bought some clothes for him to wear last night. FP's smile lit up his face when he saw Jughead wearing his old "S" T-shirt. When he was packing he found it in the suitcase... Apparently Jughead left it there.

"I guess." He said, sounding kinda unsure.

They made it back to the elevator. After spending five floors down in the elevator it opened. Alice grabbed the handles, pushing Jughead in his wheelchair. While FP quickly ran to the car. Alice kept an eye on the young man as they waited for FP to pull up to the hospital drop-off. Eventually Alice and Jughead saw that FP returned. Alice supported his body while FP lifted the boy into the backseat. Jughead shot him a thankful smile before the backdoor closed. FP went around the back, opening the cab of his truck, bending down. He picked up the luggages, pushing them further in. Then he shut the cab and hopped into his driver seat.

Alice looked back at Jughead who seemed nervous. Alice caught on and smiled kindly," It will be okay. Riverdale is a great place. You'll love it."