Wound 6

Wound 6

"Where's Nina?" I asked him again when he did not respond.

Tila ito nahimasmasan sa aking tinig at aburidong tumikhim.

"She went to the CR," tipid na sagot niya.

I just nodded and silently waited for my cousin. I sat there uncomfortably as the silence stretched its way between the two of us. Ganoon na lamang ang pasasalamat ko nang mapansin ang pinsang papalapit sa amin.

"Oh, you've met her already, babe," she approached us.

"I bet you know the famous queen Belle. She's my cousin," pakilala niya sa akin.

Gulat namang liningon ako ni Cleyton.

"She's your cousin?" he asked with wide eyes.

"Ahuh," tumatangong sagot ni Nina. "We both have the beauty and elegance of a Melendres. Right, babe?" she proudly told him, then she winked at me.

Sinupil ko ang pag-alpas ng ngiti sa aking labi at umiling na lamang.

"We have to go," I interjected, which made Nina's brows furrowed.

She darted her questioning gaze to me, which I immediately understood.

"Tito called," tipid kong wika.

Nanlalaki ang kaniyang mga mata. Sensing the red flag, she immediately gathered her things.

"I'm sorry, babe, but I have to go," paalam niya kay Cleyton.

"Hatid ko na kayo," he proposed, but Nina abruptly refused.

"Hindi puwede, babe. Dad will be mad if he finds out about us," she explained.

"Bye, babe. Take care," she tiptoed and gave a light peck on Cleyton's right cheek.

Nakahalukipkip na pinagmasdan ko ang dalawang naglalandian sa aking harapan. I rolled my eyes in disgust. That's just so gross!

"You too, take care, babe," her boyfriend replied.

Nauna nang tumalikod si Nina habang ako nama'y nagpaiwan doon. I surveyed him from head to toe, and with my arched brows, I rolled my eyes. I bitchily turned my back and stormed out of the resto.

I don't know but I'm so irritated just by his mere presence.

Tatlong beses sa isang linggo kung lumabas ang magkasintahan, and like the usual, I am Nina's chaperone and her excuse to go out on a date with Cleyton.

When I parted ways with my cousin, naiwan akong parang tuod sa harapan ng mall. I sighed when I realized how boring and lonely this day would be for me.

Lumipas ang oras na wala akong ibang ginawa kundi aliwin ang sariling mag-isa. Nang dumating na ang oras na pinakahihintay ko, atubiling tinawagan ko ang aking pinsan.

I so wanted to get out of this place and just lie on my bed. I need a good rest!

"Oh?" bungad niya nang sagutin niya ang tawag.

"Uwi na tayo," I shortly said when an unexpected yawn came out from my mouth.

"Oh," she gasped. "Sorry, I forgot the time. Sige, I'll wait for you here."

Napanguso ako sa narinig. Oh I don't want to be there! I'm freaking tired to move my body.

I had no other choice but to go where she is. Pagpasok pa lamang sa tambayan nilang Jollibee ay namukhaan na ako ng aking pinsan. She waved her hand that immediately caught my attention. I smiled brightly at her, but my grin waivered when my eyes darted to the person beside her.