Scarred

Krista sat in her holding cell. Ever since Kenny came around, she had been separated from Eren. It scared her really. He had been her protector. He had fended off three grown soldiers for her.
    Her cell was similar to the last one. Except a little warmer. And without a window since this one was underground. It had probably been another day or maybe even two since she had been locked in this cell without Eren.
     She had been taken by another burly MP while he was escorted by Kenny. There were loud noises through the walls though, explosions and what sounded like thunder.
    She hadn't slept, and the food that was offered to her was sitting in the corner untouched. She was too worried about Eren. What were they doing to him? Was he okay? Was he being tortured and mutilated like the Military Police had always wanted?
     She pushed those thoughts away, knowing that Eren would be okay. He was a tough one, and she knew that. The titan shifter could definitely handle whatever they threw at him.
     The blonde beauty sat there for a minute. A bed had also been provided in this cell. Which she greatly appreciated. Her feet ached, and her mind felt numb. Exhausted was the only think her body could comprehend and actually recognize. She needed to sleep. It had been days.
     So she laid down on the thin mattress and covered herself with the rough blanket, slowly letting the thunderous noises drift off to the back of her mind. Until they were a quiet lullaby that lulled her to sleep.
-----

     "We're done with yah for now, boy! Go ahead and get some rest!" Krista awoke with a start as she heard the rough voice of Kenny boom through the dungeon. The rough old man broke into a fit of laughter as he finished his words.
     She sat up quickly and looked towards her cell door as she heard it slam open. A beaten and bloody Eren was tossed inside forcefully and landed on his stomach. Lifeless.
     "He ain't dead, little lady! We just got what we needed for now. I'll trust you to make sure he stays alive!" Kenny slammed the cell door shut again and left with a fit of laughter yet again.
     She jumped up immediately and ran to his side, sliding to her knees when she got close.
     "Eren!" She cried. Her voice echoed in the empty cell. He was beaten, viciously. His face was bludgeoned and beaten. Cuts and burns were covering his body. Steam was raising from all parts of him but she was still concerned This had to be life threatening. Even for a Titan shifter.
     She shook his lifeless body. There was no response. Everywhere she looked he was covered in lacerations and burns.
     "What the hell did they do to you?" She asked. Tears fell freely down her face as she attempted to get a response out of him.
     He suddenly coughed, and a large amount of blood came out with the cough. He started panting as his eyes opened and darted around. She saw those Emerald eyes dilate onto her.
     "K-Krista..." he gasped out. His breathing was getting more labored.
     "Save your energy! You can talk to me later!" She told him, she rolled him onto his back. She put a hand on his chest and leaned down near him.
     "I'm gonna make sure you are okay," she whispered into his ear. She sniffled slightly and sat back up.
     "I can't remember anything," he whispered. His eyes closed. "Not a thing..."
     She felt a comforting hand on her cheek.
     "Shhhhh. Don't cry...." he replied back.
     She looked into his eyes. There it was. That fucking Eren look. Sure, he was a exhausted looking. But it was there. That fire. Determination. Pride. Even after being beaten nearly to death.
     His breathing had softened yet was still labored, and his eyes were slightly drooping. Steam continued to rise from his body.
     "We're gonna get out of here. Somehow. Okay?" He comforted her. She cried into his chest now. And he held her.
     He looked over and saw the bed in the corner. That looks so nice right now. He thought.
     "Hey, Krista, as much as I like laying on the floor with you, can you help me to the bed?" He asked. He was attempting to lighten the mood, and it worked.
     "O-oh. Yes. Of course," she replied as she wiped her eyes with her arm.
     After twenty agonizing minutes, he was in the bed. She sat in the corner, by herself. Eren's exhaustion had taken over, and he passed out.
    What are we gonna do? She asked herself as she clutched her head. All the thoughts rushed through her head. Why were they torturing him? Where were they? What the actual fuck was going on? She had no damn clue.
     She looked at Eren's sleeping form, the area around him was slightly foggy due to the steam. He was the key to it all. They did all of that to him for a reason.
     She felt herself drifting off to sleep. Letting the heaviness of slumber overtake her...