Dawn

Levi Squad walked across the woodlands, heading for Orvud District. The sun had come out, and the rain had stopped. They were all ready to drop. But they all knew what they were fighting for.
     "When we get to Orvud District, we go our separate ways again. We can't all get caught together. Whether or not you decide to off yourselves if you are captured I leave to your own discretion," Levi announced. The walls were in sight.
     "I know our rigs are hard to hide, but juat wear your cloaks with them in stationary position,'' the captain droned on.
    They all looked dead, and bored, but they listened. They were walking across the wall after around an hour. And were near the gate by noon. There was no military checkpoint at the gate, just floods of merchants exiting and entering the city.
     "It could be a while before we cross paths again, look for Gruber. Wherever he may be. Best of luck," Levi joined into the crowd that was flooding into the city.
     "That little midget is starting to piss me off with the splitting up shit," Jean muttered as he joined the crowds as well. "Good luck guys!" He was swallowed by Orvud's traffic.
    Eventually they were all in the same boat. Every single one of them looking for Eren in some way.
      Mikasa walked through their market square. Hoping to find some sort of lead as to who Gruber was. She looked through stalls at first. She actually saw a few interesting items.
     "Do you know anyone named Gruber?" She asked a stall keeper.
     "Can't say I've heard the name," said the grumpy old stall keeper. He went back to hanging meats on his stall's roof.
    After a few hours, she bumped into the captain incidentally. He had his hair up in a ponytail, and she held back a laugh.
     "Heard anything?" He asked her.
     "Not a thing," she replied.
     "This is getting ridiculous! I say we just leave the suicidal maniac!" Jean but in randomly as he came around the corner of a stall.
     "We have to find Krista too, dumbass. Otherwise I would agree," Levi joked back.
     "I found some meat!" Sasha chimed in as she stuffed her mouth with a slice of sausage. She had appeared out of nowhere.
     "For God's sake, can you guys not stay separated?" Levi groaned. They had finally broken through the Captain's skin as he covered his face with his hands.
     He looked through his fingers and at Jean. The Horse Face was standing right behind a stall. But Levi noticed something. Just barely.
     A person was... on the roof. Of the Hotel across the market square. He would have suspected they were working on the roof. Except for the clunky gear they wore.
     Like the people that had helped capture Eren. Kenny's squad. Levi's eyes widened when he saw the ridiculously long rifle come into view in the person's hand.
     "Shit! Get down!" Levi jumped forward and tackled Jean down. A shot was heard and it cracked the stone street where Jean had just been standing.
    The other members of Levi Squad immediately ducked for cover. All of them behind a stall or solid object of some kind. People among the streets were already scattering and screaming.
     "What the hell?!" Jean yelled out as Levi rolled off of him.
     "ODM gear use is authorized! Take that bastard down!" Levi ordered. He dropped his gear out of stationary position as he readied himself.
     "Sasha, Mikasa, go in opposite directions and draw his fire. There may be more than one. So keep your eyes out. I'll go in for the kill," Levi's expression darkened.
      The two acknowledged that they heard him and got their gear ready and pulled their goods up.
    "For the cause!" Mikasa shouted out with a salute. The Oriental then jumped out, the sound of her cable shooting and retracting was all that was heard.
Jean crawled next to Levi and readied his gear as well.
     "Orders sir?" Jean asked him. Levi thought for a second.
     "Follow up behind me, there has to be more than one. Im trusting you to make that decision this time Jean, Armin won't be here to save you," Levi grimaced.
     "Y-yes sir! Where is Armin and Connie?" Jean asked.
     "Let's not worry about that right now. They're either unaware of the situation or dead." Levi replied.
     Jean paled visibly. Levi heard Sasha take off into the skies. No fire was heard.
     "He must be reolading still. We have to move now!" Levi yelled as he launched himself over the stall they were hiding behind and shot his cable outward. He headed straight for the sniper.
     He landed on top of the hotel, where there was no sniper to be found. Shit. Where the hell could he be? Levi thought to himself. Jean landed behind him.
     He looked around. Mikasa and Sasha were on the ground, not risking too much time in the air.
     He looked around some more. Nothing was out of the ordinary. It was maybe three in the afternoon, the wall's shadow had only just started casting over the city.
     It was a diversion! To draw us out! The MPs will be here any minute! Levi realized.
     "Sir, we're sitting ducks here. We gotta move," Jean snapped him out of his daze.
     "They're gone Jean. But we gotta find a place to lay low. This was to let the MPs know we are here. So let's get the hell outta here," Levi answered. And they maneuvered to the empty streets below.

6 hours later

     Levi sat at the fire that Sasha had kindled. It was dark out now. And the cold was biting at them.
    "Thanks for starting the fire, Sasha," Jean said as he attempted to warm his hands. They had found yet another old abandoned building. They were so common with the failing economy of the walls.
     MP patrols had been going around all day since they had been uncovered. So they didn't dare step out of the old warehouse.
     Connie and Armin had rendezvoued shortly after the gunfire, and the two were doing their usual. Connie was teasing Sasha while Armin was deep in thought.
     "Well. What do we do now?" Armin asked. Levi sighed.
     "I'll be honest. I don't know. Let's hope Hanji is alive and has a rebuttal," Levi replied as he stood up and walked to the window.
     "The way things are going, we don't have a snowballs chance in hell," was the Captain's words. They all fell silent.

------------------------------------------------------------

I could use some feedback. Drop a comment! Or a request! I know I have a few actual readers. So any suggestions on what you would like?