chapter one kinda

First Year

Harry Potter. Son of accomplished auroror and charm weaver, James and Lilly Potter finally stood at the famous Kings Cross Station.

Anxiety clutched his stomach, he clutched his trunk.

"It'll be alright Harry, you'll be okay"

He turned, face upward to meet his father's eyes.

"Everyone here is nervous bud, and the most of them aren't half as wicked as you."

"Thanks dad" he didn't truly feel much better but he smiled anyway.

"The Weasleys are all aboard. Time to go Harry" his mother said.

Harry's sister on her hip crossed her arms and pouted harder.

"Okay... okay."

The family wrapped themselves in a warm hug before releasing Harry for the train.

"Bye!"

"Write every week!" Lily called after him.

"And tell McGonagal I say hello!"

Harry waved wildly at his family, who smiled fondly and returned the guesture from the platform below. His little sister began to cry as the Hogwarts Express glided out from the station. Harry felt a pang of grief for his family and slumped into the padded seating.

Ron was supposed to wait.

The door lurched open.

"Mate I just met the world's biggest dickhead" Harry's best friend wailed.

"Who?"

"Fuck do I know, some dark haired bastard"

Ron flung himself into the seat opposite Harry after hurling his trunk into the over-head storage. "Where's Nev'?"

"He will find us"

"Probably not though"

They were sitting in a comfortable silence, Harry was reading the potions text book and Ron was drooling over broomsticks in his Quidditch magazine, when the final peice to their childhood trio, Neville Longbottom crashed into the compartment.

"Guys. Help!"

"What has happened?"

"These bastards! They have stolen Trevor!"

Harry and Ron dramatically threw down their books and drew their wands. Not that either of them could actually do any spells.

"Lead the way" Ron said, which didn't sound as cool as he probably hoped it did.

The toad stealing 'bastards' were lounging in a compartment quite close to theirs.
Three boys and a girl.

"Toad-Boy has friends?" One of the boys sneered, a blonde with very pale skin.

Harry recognised him. He recognised all but one of the toad kidnappers.