Chapter 5: Hypnotized

The next morning, Danielle received a call from her mother.

"How are you doing sweetheart?

-Great, mom. I think it was a good idea to come here.

-Bien. But don't you get bored? You're all alone with no internet, no friends, nothing.

-Actually, I'm not completely alone. Did you know there was a man living about ten minutes away?

-No. He must have moved there recently.

-Yeah, that's what he said.

-So? Does that mean you guys spend time together? What's his name? How old is he? What does he look like?

-Mom, stop!

-Quoi! You obviously talked to him!

-I did. His name is Sam. I don't really know how old he actually is. Probably a bit older than me. And he looks... normal."

It was a lie. Sam looked far from normal. Sometimes he looked weird, when he stared at her. But sometimes he looked amazing. Danielle had never met anybody like him before. He was tall and absolutely gorgeous, with what looked like the body of a God. She had never actually seen him without his cloths on, but Danielle could guess he had a strong body underneath the fabrics. He looked thick, athletic.

"Normal? That's it?

-Yeah. He looks normal."

There was a pause. Danielle could feel that Nicole didn't entirely believe her, but she let it go.

"Anyway! I wanted to call you, mom. I kinda lost the key of the Chalet. I need the spare one.

-You what? How clumsy. You're always losing everything, Danielle! I'll send you the spare, but don't lose it this time. I don't have any other one.

-Of course. I'm sorry mom, but thanks."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Once the phone call was over, Danielle decided to think a bit more about her book. The more she thought about it, the more she doubted her ideas. Inspiration had come, and now it was gone. She shouldn't have fallen asleep so easily. She should have written more ideas.

Desperate, Danielle decided to text Sam.

-Can I come over?

He was quick to agree. Being a photographer, he had a lot of free time, and her job allowed her some liberty as well.

She put her notebook in her bag, grabbed a book and left.

Sam had inspired her. Now she needed more. Danielle told herself this was the reason why she wanted to see him, but deep down she knew it wasn't the only reason. Sam provided her with comfort and she felt better when she was with him. She wasn't as depressed as when she had first arrived to these woods.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

When Danielle arrived, Sam was smoking a cigarette, sitting on his front steps. She stood in front of him, not knowing how to greet him. He had clearly shown interest in her, but she didn't feel completely at ease yet. She liked him as well. However, she was too shy to show it.

Sam finished his cigarette and put it away. He stood up and walked to Danielle. Without hesitation, he grabbed her jaw and kissed her. Danielle was slightly taken aback. His gestures were soft but possessive. His other hand went to her waist, pulling her again his rock-hard body. She melted in the kiss. His hold on her felt great.