Enter the Mine

Kakashi smiled. Sasuke and Naruto had easily mastered the Moguragakure no Jutsu (Hidden Mole), Sasuke with his Sharingan and Naruto with his Kage Bunshins (Shadow Clone). Ino had also mastered it, albeit not as easily as the two boys. Sakura, on the other hand, had failed miserably at the ninjutsu, nowhere close to mastery of the ninjutsu.

'Anyways, Sasuke, Naruto, and Ino can go and learn the Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu (Earth Style: Headhunter), and Sakura, continue the Moguragakure no Jutsu.' Kakashi instructed. 'In an hour, we'll go and continue going to Kawa no Kuni.'

'Yes, Kakashi-sensei!' The genin said except Sasuke, who just replied with the traditional Uchiha "Hn".

'It seems that Sasuke is opening up more and becoming less distant.' Kakashi thought. 'Maybe there is a chance that he won't go to Orochimaru...'

🔥

'Gantetsu, go and battle the Konoha ninja near the Kawa no Kuni border.' Raiga ordered. 'I'll send two more men, Choseki and Mizuki from Konoha, to help you.'

'Yes, Raiga-sama.' Gantetsu said.

'I think one of the ninja is a jonin.' Raiga said. 'Separate the jonin from the other ninja using your barrier ninjutsu, and fight the weaker ninja.'

'Understood.' The three ninja said, as the Shunshinned off to meet the Konoha ninja.

'Hehehe, we can do one more funeral before I train...' Raiga said, as he went to bury another worker alive.

🔥

'Hokage-sama, we just realised that Mizuki has escaped from prison!' A jonin said, rushing over to Tsunade. 'The warden was under a genjutsu that Mizuki was still there, probably cast by the traitor himself!'

'WHAT?' Tsunade shouted, spilling a little bit of her sake. 'HE ESCAPED?'

'Yes. We have heard rumours that he went to Kawa no Kuni to join some mercenaries.' The Jonin said.

'Hmm... Maybe he will be dealt with after all...' Tsunade said. 'Very well, you are dismissed.'

'But Tsunade-sama, isn't he dangerous?' The jonin asked.

'Yes, he is, but I have a strong team headed for Kawa no Kuni. I know that they will deal with the threat.' Tsunade said. 'One of the ninja is Hatake Kakashi.'

'Really? Then I agree with you.' The jonin said, before Shunshinning away.

🔥

Kakashi and his squad ran along the roads heading to Kawa no Kuni.

'Let's go.' Kakashi said. 'This is excellent taijutsu training.'

The squad was wearing weights, except Sakura, who decided that putting on weights would be "bad for her".

Ino huffed, panting.

'I'm tired.' She said.

'Come on, let's go on, dattebayo!' Naruto exclaimed.

'Yeah, Hn.' Sasuke said.

'Fine.' Ino said, before continuing the run.

'Let's do this!' Kakashi said, doing his eye smile. 'We need to train if we want to beat Raiga!'

Suddenly, a rock wall rose from the ground, separating Kakashi from his genin.

'Gofu Kekkai (Five Seal Barrier)!' A man shouted. 'I'm the Legendary Chunin formerly from Iwagakure, Gantetsu! My partner is the awesome Choseki and Mizuki!'