Prelude to Exams

Somewhere, in a cave, projections of multiple people flickered.

'I heard that Sunagakure and Konohagakure are hosting a joint Chunin Exams. Amegakure has joined.' Pain said. 'A few days ago, Hatake Kakashi from Konoha sent us an invite.'

'So what?' The gruff voice of Shinga barked.

'Shinga, Suika, send your groups along with yourselves to attack the Exams and steal the Ichibi. Preferably the Second Stage.' Pain ordered. 'Stay away from the Amegakure team led by Ajisai. Konan wants that group to pass.'

'Understood.' Suika said. 'I will prepare the Hannyashu Black Ops team to raid during the Second Stage. One of my underlings says that the Second Stage is in the Demon Desert.'

'Good.' Pain said.

'My Leaf's ANBU will crush anyone in their way. Anyways, we gotta tell them our mission.' Shinga said.

'Good. Meeting Adjourned.' Pain said calmly, the astral projections slowly disappearing.

All the way in Amegakure, Pain smirked.

'Good job, Nagato.' Tobi said. 'You did very well.'

Zetsu emerged, secretly hiding an evil grin. The Akatsuki were powerful. But in the end, they were just tools.

🔥

Sasuke, Naruto, Ino, and Kakashi stood in a plain.

'Alright, my cute little genin.' Kakashi said. 'Right now, I want you to come up with an effective formation or strategy to combat enemies. Expect them to be strong.'

'Hn.' Sasuke said. 'What should we decide on?'

'Anything that makes us beat them, dattebayo!' Naruto cheered enthusiastically.

'Naruto...' Ino said. 'I would suggest something that works for almost every scenario. Or a specific formation for each possible scenario.'

'Hn, great idea Ino.' Sasuke said.

Ino blushed, before reminding herself not to be a fangirl like Sakura.

'Good job.' Kakashi said. 'Now, the scenarios are: you are outnumbered, a team is nearby, you are overpowered, you are in a fight, and any more you can come up with.'

'I think that Naruto will be very useful in the first scenario.' Sasuke said. 'Now, join me in the conversation. So, here's the plan...'

Team 7 discussed their plans, whispering it to each other. Little did they know, the life of a member of Team 7 would soon be in danger, and the attackers would be very powerful.

🔥

A mint colour haired girl strolled along the streets of Takigakure. She was going to see the village leader, Shibuki. People parted, avoiding her like she was the plague. She knew why, but she was going to make a thousand friends, so she ignored the glares of onlookers and civilians.

'Shibuki!' She exclaimed, running into the wooden house. 

'Hey, Fū.' Shibuki said, waving to the girl now identified as Fū. 'What do you want?'

'Can I go to the Chunin Exams?' Fu asked. 'Please! I'll make a thousand friends!'

'Are you sure? You know why you can't go outside the village...' Shibuki said.

'Yeah.' Fu moaned. 'But I really really want to go!'

'Hmmm...' Shibuki thought, pondering on whether he should let Fu go or not. 'We did get an invitation...'

'Pleaseee....' Fu begged, desperate.

'Fine.' Shibuki said. 'But you have to let our jonin, Kegon and Yoro go with you.'

'Awww, they're no fun!' Fu groaned. 'Fine. But please don't let them ruin my fun.'

Shibuki rolled his eyes. 'You are dismissed.'

'Bye!' Fu cheered, waving to Shibuki.

Fu was happy that she could go. The girl was granted her wish, but this wish could cost her her life.

🔥

Gaara sat in his chair. He had accepted the upcoming Chunin Exams offer. All he had to do was summon the teams.

'Temari. Call Team Shira, Matsuri, Ameno, Saya, Sajin, and any other standouts.' Gaara ordered, preparing for the Chunin Exams.

'Yes, Gaara.' Temari said.

The swirling sands around Gaara defended him, but, like with the Chunin Exams, its defence could be broken. What Gaara did not know was that soon, all the genin, and himself, would be in danger. Akatsuki is approaching.

🔥

Sasuke's Kiba blades spun, lightning cracking. Naruto's clones prepared jutsu, while Ino hid in the bushes, preparing to attack. Kakashi's shadow clones attacked, spewing out foreign ninjutsu. Sasuke slashed at the clones, while Naruto drove Rasengan and released jutsu at the clones.

'Where are you, Kakashi....' Sasuke muttered, having defeated the shadow clones.

Ino smirked, as she began her sensing jutsu.

'Found him.' Ino relayed to Naruto and Sasuke telepathically with her Kanchi Denden (Sensing Relay) Jutsu. 'Sending coordinates now.'

Naruto and Sasuke nodded, camouflaging themselves. Kakashi was hiding in a tree, giggling silently at Icha Icha.

'Let's do this.' Sasuke said.

The two boys leapt at their sensei, preparing attacks. A Chidori combined with a Rasengan, striking Kakashi.

'Hm...' Kakashi said, putting back his book. 'Sharingan!'

Pulling his headband up, Kakashi unveiled his Sharingan. Sasuke's eyes immediately flared red.

'Sharingan!' Sasuke opened his eyes, a pair of twin Sharingan blaring. 'Katon: Goryuka no Jutsu (Fire Style: Fierce Dragon Flame)! Now!'

Kakashi dodged the incoming attack, sidestepping before preparing a Chidori. Ino jumped out of her hiding spot, chakra scalpels in both hands. The sharp chakra scratched Kakashi, stinging him. Sasuke immediately spread his Chidori and struck the attacked body part.

'Good teamwork.' Kakashi noted. 'Oww...'

Naruto's Rasengan flew at Kakashi from behind, the jonin dodging it swiftly. Ino and Sasuke kneaded chakra in their hands, distributing it through.

'Chidori!' Sasuke called out the name of his attack.

Sasuke's Chidori missed Kakashi, but Ino's super strength punch did. Naruto immediately launched a Rasengan at Kakashi. Kakashi jumped up. The Rasengan missed. 

'You fell into our trap, Kakashi-sensei.' Naruto said. 'Fuuton: Atsugai (Wind Style: Pressure Damage)!'

A huge wind blast exploded, hitting Kakashi head on. Sasuke and Ino shielded themselves with a powerful collaboration Doton: Doryuheki (Earth Style: Earth Wall).

'Congratulations.' Kakashi said, in the air. 'That was a great combo. Unfortunately, it isn't enough. I Shunshinned (Body Flicker) away. We're done.'

'Aww...' Naruto moaned. 'I wanted to continue...'

'Go and rest up. The Chunin Exams is starting next week. Who's up for some Ichiraku Ramen?' Kakashi suggested.

Naruto raised his hand, whooping loudly. Team 7 set off for a meal, ready for the Chunin Exams.