Chapter 5

My eyes snapped open as I jerked into a sitting position. This is not my room!

My room has wood panels and a homespun rug under my bed. This room is windowless and has bumblebee yellow-colored walls made of stone and a shaggy green carpet. I don't even wanna know how it was well-lit since there weren't any lights.

And this is not my bed!

My dad hand-carved my bed straight from a maple tree. This bed is an antique. The only thing I wish my real bed had is this memory foam mattress and the gold luxury quilt I'm sitting on.

What the hell?! I silently screamed as I looked about the room, trying to keep calm. To my right was a door. To my left was a wall, but right in front of me was a large, horizontal mirror with a silver and gold intricate frame. In that mirror, I saw jungle vines with multi-colored flowers descending from the ceiling against the wall behind me. I looked up and saw lots of white and ivory climbing roses; whose falling petals were drifting like snowflakes.

When I lifted my hand to catch some, I saw a vine wrapped around my wrist; the same for my other wrist and ankles. Try as I might, I couldn't unwrap or pull them off.

Seriously! What! The! Hell!

After giving up on pulling the vines off, I decided to search the room more thoroughly.

I found my sneakers and socks on the carpet beside the bed. Putting my socks back on was tricky since the vines refused to move, so I had to settle with folding the tops down to my ankles.

The first place I checked was the wall behind me since the vines on my wrists and ankles were coming from them. These vines let me move them aside but that was all they did. When the only thing I found behind them was a wall, I tried to climb them. However, the ones on my wrists and ankles pulled me away.

The second place I searched was the only door. On the other side was a large luxury bathroom with a toilet and overflowing sink, a spacious stand-in shower on the left, and a large jacuzzi bathtub, the size of a millionaire's swimming pool, in the corner opposite the shower.

What made my eyes bug out and my jaw drop was that everything was made out of either solid gold or silver. Literally!

Knowing that each metal takes different kinds of cleaning solutions, I whispered; "I'd hate to be the person who cleans this room."

I shut the door and continued my search. Sadly, the only place left to look was under my bed. And the only thing under there was more shaggy green carpet. After that, I sat on the bed, closed my eyes, and meditated. Since searching with my eyes proved fruitless, I used my powers to scry my surroundings.

Regrettably, where I am I couldn't find out. All I could gain from my scrying is that I'm both under and above ground; my room is deep underground but wherever this place is, it's above ground. The vines are magically grown and have a conscience of their own, which explains a few things,  and the mirror on the wall is a two-way mirror.

Upon learning that, I got up and banged on it. "Hello!" I shouted. "Hello! Anybody there?" When nothing happened I banged on it again. "Hey! Whoever's behind there, answer me!"

Again. Nothing. With a sigh of frustration, I banged once more and then went back to bed. As I lay there curled up, I felt the vines take off my shoes.

"Excuse me," I said to them as I sat up. They stopped what they were doing; that was how I noticed they weren't the ones on my limbs. "Since you're self-aware, can you tell me if anyone, besides me, is here?"