Prologue - My Parents

Hi, my name is Y/n and I'm not like most girls. Unlike most city girls that live in Dallas, Texas where dreams come true, I'm a horse girl that live in a ranch in San Angelo, Texas.

You may be wondering why I'm living on a ranch and of course I'll tell you why.

My father always wanted a ranch, but never had the money to buy one. He and my mother met in high school and they both eventually fell in love. There in Dallas, Texas, they had been married five years before having a child, which was me obviously. My father had finally saved up enough money and quit his job of being a pastor to finally become a ranch owner. My mother didn't think he would actually do it and got upset. My father asked her to be one of the owners too, but she had other plans. She just wanted to be like her friends, family, and everyone else; living a simple life in the big city. Maybe one day, she would become a famous author. She certainly didn't want to live on a ranch milking cows or something.

The couple had different goals in life, so they got divorced. My father got custody of me. It's not like my mother didn't want to care for me, but she decided that it would be for the best. For her daughter to become a horse girl and to not be trapped trying to be like everyone else.

So my father went to live in his ranch in San Angelo, Texas with his daughter while my mother stayed in Dallas, Texas.
_____________________

I know like nothing about ranch life so I don't know how I'm supposed to write this fanfiction😍