Chapter Four - Solution

I laid on my stomach on my bed while turning on my phone. After tapping in the password, I went to the search engine and tried to think of what to type. I'm just a teenager, there's almost no way I can make enough money in time to save the ranch. Plus, how many people would be willing to pay me for a job and/or a gig?

I got bored of thinking so I opened Instagram, hoping to inspire my thinking. Right when I opened Instagram, horse content was all over my phone. Of course, horse content and other ranch life content is what fills my page which gave me an idea to narrow my options.

"Maybe I can get money by doing something horse related," I say to myself out loud, "Aha!" I go back to Google and type "show jumping competitions". I am pretty confident in riding Stardust Tamaki, so why not?

"Perfect!" I say finding a show jumping competition. The winner would get $10,000, about how much our twenty cows, twenty chicken, and three horses cost to keep every year. Well, that's about how much we have to pay after we sell their calves, milk, and eggs.

Maybe if I win, it will inspire my papa to keep trying to save the ranch. Maybe he can become a pastor once again while still owning and working at the ranch so we don't have to fear loosing the ranch ever again.

I fill out the form to become a competitor in the competition nervously, hoping that no one would barge in and catch me. Papa would definitely not approve of me participating in a show jumping competition at the "young age of eighteen" as he'd say and Alan would probably try to talk me out of it, but my decision has been set. I will win this race and save the ranch. If I don't save my home, who would Y/n L/n be? A girl forced to go the way the universe wanted her to go?