Chapter Ten - Lies

It was the morning and I was waiting for my mom to pick me up to go visit the city. We better get home in time for the show jumping competition.

I heard the door bell ring and opened the door. In front of me I saw my mother and Alan, who probably was ushering my mother to the door.

I hugged my mother and said, "Good morning Mother."

"I missed you so much Sweetheart. You've grown so much," she says and she backs away to study my height. I'm pretty sure I haven't grown since the last time I saw her, but whatever.

I then hugged Alan to greet him. "You too, Alan! What are you, half a foot taller?"

"Heh, I don't think so," Alan replies to my mother. He releases and holds my shoulders with his arms stretched out and says to me, "Y/n, you know you're going to the city to-"

"Yes yes, we're going to the city right now," Mother interrupts and hits Alan lightly on his back. What was Alan trying to tell me?

"Let's go," Mother says ushering to toward the car.

"Uhm, see you later!" I call out to Alan. He just looks at my mother though who's glaring right back at him.

I sit in the passengers seat while my mother is putting on her seatbelt in the drivers seat. I ask her, "Mother, what was Alan trying to tell me before you interrupted him?"

My mother sighs and turns to look at me, "Honey, there's no easy way to say this, but I lied to you."

"What do you mean you lied to me?" I ask still confused.

"I'm not taking you to go visit the city, I'm taking you to come live with me while your father finds a home for himself," she explains.

"What?!" I exclaimed, "I am not leaving the ranch! This is my home! Why did you lie to me?"

"I had no choice," Mother says using a horrible excuse, "If I told you that you were going to live with me in the city with your new father and new siblings, you would have freaked out and refuse, just like how you're doing now!"

"First of all, they're not my family, I haven't even met them yet," I state looking down at her ring on her left ring finger, "You couldn't even bother to invite me to the wedding. Don't say that I would have not come if you invited me, you don't know me. You haven't ever been in my life."

"I didn't have a choice, I'm a busy women. And like I said, I didn't have a choice to tell you that you're coming to live with me," my mother defends herself poorly, "I have tried."

"You admit to a lie, yet you still lie," I say upset, "There's always a choice." I open the passenger door and look back at my mom.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mother says in a parent voice. But I don't listen to her. I run and run toward the horse barn. I quickly swing the doors open and call for Stardust Tamaki.

"Tamaki, we need to leave now. I'll explain on the way, help me get your gear."