DAY 1

On one cold night in a big empty house, lies a dead body- cold, stabbed. It was almost sadenning without knowing the truth of it's owner.

A loud scream is heard all over the place as an old woman approaches the body, terrified. 

As the few people living in the house gather around horrified knowing someone between them did that terrible crime, nobody could speak a word in that silent moment.

Finally, after what seems like hours somebody gathers his nerves and calls the police reporting a dead body found in a house that was almost full of people.

Soon after, the police seem to show up and a man passes through the few people inside reaching the dead body. He started examining it carefully, ready to question everyone about where they have been.

" May everybody please gather around, I need to ask some questions.” The officer spoke while everybody gathered as asked. 

“ Who knew the victim most?" the question followed. 

An old woman was quick to answer" His wife is away, she will be back in a few hours until then, you can ask me whatever you want to know. "

"What's your name? " The officer questioned. 

" I am Victoria Robinson. " The old woman whoms name was now revealed answered with what seemed like a shaky yet confident voice. 

"And how do you know the victim?"

"30 years ago, I used to work at this house when it was still Tom's parents' " she started explaining before being cut off by the officer. 

"Who is tom?" 

" The dead young man," her answer came out colder than she expected. A small moment of silent passes until Victoria continues. 

"I raised him and worked here as a housekeeper but he always considered me as his mother, his parents died and he inherited the house. But he barely came here; he was always busy at his job, the only people who would stay here were me, Alenia and occasionally, Eleanor. "

There was visible confusion on the officer's face upon hearing the names until she clears it stating how each is relevant. 

"Alenia is a young lady whom I found when she was a little child and took a permission from his parents to raise her here, she helps me with the house."

"And well Eleanor is just Eleanor, she and Tom got married three years ago. She seems to be a kind young lady but I never got to know her well due to her being away to see her parents every week but she has never shown me any disrespect. " 

"Tell me about the victim. " the officer requested a bit more politely this time. 

” His name was Tom Hills. He was 37, 6 foot tall and clearly, blonde. He worked as a banker- the night he died he was hosting a party celebrating something about his job, he didn't talk much about it. ”Victoria pauses for a few minutes assumingly thinking of what to say next but was actually wondering what made him come home that happy that he hosted a huge party.

" How many people were in the party? "

" I can't certainly tell but I guess there were about 50 people, we found the body in his bedroom almost after everyone left."

"Mother, she is here" A soft raspberry voice called. 

The officer turns to see a brunette haired young lady, almost aged 27 who he identifies as Alenia based on Victoria's tellings.

" His wife is here, you can go ahead and question her. "

A tall middle aged woman rushes inside the house in an urge to know what happened. 

Victoria was quick to try and fill her in with the situation as well as try and comfort her. "Madam Eleanor, I'm sorry to inform you, but Mr.Tom is dead, somebody stabbed him." 

Eleanor opens her mouth to speak but shockness overpowers her- unable to throw out words on how she feels. "W.where i.is he?"she was finally able to speak through stuttering. 

" may I lead you please" Victoria offered as Eleanor looked on the verge of crying. As Victoria walks with Eleanor following, tears welled her eyes as the more she approaches his cold dead body. She couldn't bear the thought of the man who she saw just yesterday dead. 

”I can't believe someone did this to him, ”she said between tears; her heart breaking knowing the man she was happily married to for 3 years is just.. no more. 

”We are sorry about what happened but we must question you about where you have been” The officer sent condolences followed with the request to proceed his job. 

”We? I thought it was just you. who else is coming?” she furrowed her eyebrows. 

”As you know, your husband was a fortunately rich man which makes this a high profile case. We can not continue alone; a private investigator was hired,Charles Edwards, one of the finest detectives in town. He shall be arriving tommorow”

”Why can't you just solve it alone? Why do you need him?” she said with a slight tone of rage mixed with grief upon her dead husband. 

”Your husband was killed in the middle of over 50 people we can't just go to everyone and accuse everyone! we need help” he reasoned in what seemed like a frustrated tone. 

”Is this man going to stay in my house?”

”Possibly, or he can just stay at some close inn but he needs to keep an eye on everyone.”

”I'm giving you five days if this man isn't out of my house till then, you might see the worst of me”

”Are you threatening me?” he says as he approaches her with an angry face. 

”No, I'm informing you” 

”We shall see about that” he takes a breath slowly taking steps reaching the door as he finally speaks out, ”Be careful Ms.Eleanor, nobody is who he seems to be” he took is final step outside, leaving the house.

I would like to thank anyone who stopped to read my story I tried my best to write something good and I appreciate anyone who liked it. Next chapter coming soon.