DAY 2

CHAPTER 2

ELEANOR'S POV

What could he have possibly meant? It's impossible to just say that out of nowhere; does he know something I don't?

 Could it possibly be someone from here? I fell asleep drowning in my thoughts only to wake up the next day, to resume thinking. 

My thoughts were to get interrupted as the door flung open revealing the man that I assumed to be the private investigator yet felt the need to question.

"You must be the private investigator, isn't that right?" My question came out hesitantly as I looked at the man before me. 

"It's Charles Edwards, and yes I am" His answer came out as cold as stone, examining me suspiciously. 

He stops for a moment before proceeding "I have been briefed about yours and husband's life but I would like to know personally, did your husband have any problems with anyone? Perhaps the house staff?"

I never paid this thought any consideration but perhaps he's making a point. Although they don't seem capable of murder- maybe not the old woman but Alenia definitely is, Victoria was like his mother but he never gave Alenia any attention. 

If I round everything up, it might make a tint of sense, I might be able to help… But I can't just accuse her, not in the presence of the detective. 

It took me a while of silence till I answered "No, everyone loved Tom . I can't imagine who could do this to him"I said on the verge of tears. 

" I understand, I will head out to question the old woman and the girl. Take care"

I breathed as I saw him exit. Maybe he could find out something from them, perhaps I should follow him. My mind thought and without putting much thought into it, I followed him without thinking the consequences. 

I could hear him ask them normal questions that I knew until my ears spotted that one question that left me wondering about certain things. 

" Was he good to you both always?"

I could hear two different answers. Was he bad? I heard Alenia's voice rising over Victoria's. An arguement? They never argue. 

"Mother, we don't have to lie anymore, he is dead"Alenia's words echoed through and I stepped back for a second. 

What was possibly happening? Victoria clearly tried to stop her from talking- What does she not want to be told? 

"He would sometimes come angry that's just it nothing else" Her voice brushed. 

Even though I had no sight of the current situation, it was clear to me that Victoria is trying to hide an old unresolved matter. 

"Nothing else?" her scream was loud making me almost fall back my leaning position. 

"He would come home and beat me and you are saying nothing else? " The fury and rage were present in her voice. 

Was she serious? I never saw Tom beat her. It doesn't seem to be believable… I could hear Charles asking them to tell him the truth, which I hope, isn't a lie. 

"Tom was a nice kid until I brought Alenia; I would always give her my attention and play with her, take care of her maybe due to his lack of parential attention, he thought of me as his mother but with Alenia I guess he just got jealous. " I could hear Victoria take a loud breath continuing her full of pain and ache words.

"It was small things first, he would push her or take her toys that I would bring her as a gift but as growing he would get more aggressive.The first time I saw him beat her he was 21, and she was 11 I don't remember what the arguement was about but I returned home and found him beating her. I tried to stop him but then he pushed me, I couldn't quit my job here so I told her to bear it for a while and tried talking to him a couple of times. He would always express how sorry he was yet continue doing it."

"I was going to leave with Alenia next year and go to my hometown. I can't leave her suffering" I couldn't see her expressions as I was hiding behind the door but if I were to guess, she was about to cry. 

Was this true? I never saw an aggressive side of Tom .I knew him for merely four years but this people lived with him. 

I wanted to believe them but the possibility that one of them could have killed him kept running through my mind. If Alenia did kill him, why would she tell Charles about the abuse? 

"Miss Alenia, you do realize you are giving us a motive that could help us charge you with the murder? Are you sure of your words?" the same question wondered my head. 

"He was a monster, but I didn't kill him. I am grateful for whoever that did." A few sniffles made sound and I presune she was wiping her tears at the moment. 

She has a point. If she was to be the person who killed him she would never give us a reason to doubt her. Could it be someone from the party? Some outsider? Someone hired? 

Although it was not my job to find out, I felt the need to. No matter if he was a monster, he is still my husband… atleast was. 

It hurts to think that he is no more.

We had fights but there were still our good times where he was a good person. 

My thoughts were to get interrupted as Charles finally seemed to leave them, I quickly approached him. 

"What did they tell you? Is there anything important?Is there any suspect?" I questioned him repeatedly before giving him a chance to answer. 

"All I can say is that this case is more complicated than I thought it would be" he walked away before I could process what he meant. 

My mind tried to process the several amounts of information I have received today. 

The officer himself seemed puzzled after his recent encounter with Alenia and Victoria which makes me wonder wether I should help.  

I ran the odds convincing myself that the best thing I could do right now was keep my mouth shut and let them do their job. All they had left was four days to solve this mystery. 

NOTE:Abuse is NOT okay and should not be taken easily

QOTD: What's your favourote color?  Mine is white;)