FINAL CHAPTER

VICTORIA'S POV

"it's always the one you do not expect" I heard this sentence six months ago when I thought I was almost caught, I believed the detective was a smart man but he was just as foolish as everyone.

He was taught to never trust anyone's words yet this time he did, he trusted that I was incapable of murder, he trusted that I was innocent and didn't even question me and the most important, he trusted Eleanor would kill her 3 years husband over a stupid house but they never knew what was in the house.

I rose my pickaxe as I started digging through the walls making sure to perfectly slam them. I slammed and slammed till I was finally where I wanted to be. I've waited 20 years for this moment, the moment where I could have this house all for myself to do this. Alenia,Eleanor and Tom were burdens putting a distance between me and the huge amount of money hidden between this walls.

I sent my daughter away to London to finally be able to have this day of happiness all to myself, in fact she helped me a lot without even knowing. She unknowingly put all the blames on Eleanor, she even put it on herself and if either of them went to prison, it wouldn't even matter.

I've beared life in this house for 40 years waiting for this moment when I could put my hands on this money.I was surprised when Tom decided to even keep it he was old enough to have his own house in a fancier place yet he wanted to stay here.

His father was a bigger man than what everyone thought, he had much more money than on the records that he kept between the walls I remember when he renovated the house he asked everyone to stay in another place and I had to know why, he didn't want us to know that he hid his money between the walls and no one was smart enough to even suspect that.

_____________________________

I was done filling the bags with the money, I didn't count them but I could tell it was about 10million, no surprise he had this amount he was a big man.

But then it occurred to me, I can't leave the house like this, they will know I stole something and left so I grabbed the gasoline can they kept for the cars and spilt it over every single room in the house, up and down the stairs, everywhere in the house as I stood outside the house looking at the trail of gasoline I made.

I held a lighter in my hand as I pressed it all I had to do now was throw it and end this story. Every single memory in this house I now had the ability to just erase it. I could leave this house and forget everything that ever happened, leave with the money and no one is going to know anything.

I THREW IT.

I watched as the fire kept escalating down the trail reaching almost everywhere in the house I kept watching to ensure nothing went wrong by the time I made sure the house was fully burnt I took the car, I didn't know how to drive well but I wasn't gonna risk going in a taxi with these amount of money.

The only thing I could think of was complete happiness as I was going to start a new life with a huge amount of money after all, I didn't spend all these years with this family for nothing.

_____________________________

CHARLE'S POV

I stood in front of the house as all I could see was smoke and ash. I was here to check on Victoria, I found the house on fire and called help they put down the fire but there was no sign of Victoria's body, Maybe she was out.

That's what I thought until I saw the burnt down wall frame that was clearly broken by someone it took me time to figure it out.

Tom's father was a man that earned about 2 millions per year but the bank statements showed only 20million so he hid the rest of his money between the walls he worked about 15 years earning that much so if my calculations are correct 10 millions were stolen from this house that nobody knew of. This same house where Victoria stayed for the last six months.

"She stole the money" I said to Harry,that I called earlier when I saw the fire.

"She played us, She took advantage of the situation to blame it on his wife and used her daughter as well"

"Do you think her daughter is with her?"

"We'll go to London and find out."

_____________________________

I saw Alenia walking out of the coffe house she is currently working at to cover her living expenses she seems like she doesn't know anything about her mother.

My legs weaken as I walk up to her to tell her the truth she seems very happy seeing me while I tried to put on my best smile as I was going to break her the news.

"Mr. Charles it's lovely meeting you here, what are you doing?"

"Alenia," I paused as I took in a deep breath before continuing" the house where your mother is living is burned down and we have reasons to believe your mother was the one who killed Tom months ago and stole a huge amount of money hidden between the house walls"

I could see the happy smile wash off her face as she started frowning. She doesn't believe me..

"I know you don't believe me I understand that she is your mother but you need to come see it to believe me" I held her arm but she pushed me away.

"Please come with us" Harry stepped in as he was behind be . She didn't seem to listen to me nor him so I continued pleading.

Since the fourth night after the murder we would casually talk together and open up about our lives and got to know each other we became really good friends admist that time I can imagine how hurt she could be as I, her only friend supposedly would say this to her.

I still blame myself for taking this case lightheartedly and believing what a person says,it was my first time I felt comfortable with my suspects that I took it a bit too far by believing them, at least believing Victoria.

_______________________________

"She did it" Alenia finally talked after a whole hour of examining every single inch in the house, for as long as I knew her, I can tell that she is blaming herself for everything that happened, she thinks that she is the reason her mother got away and Eleanor was sent to prison instead

"I can't believe she did this, she killed someone and put an innocent person in prison I don't understand how could she do that?" I saw her as she fell down her knees, and I bent down to hold her.

"There's nothing we can do she is gone, no matter how hard we try, we can't prove Eleanor innocent."

"you mean there's nothing we can do?" she asked me as her face began to harden.

"No" I answered as I looked down.I couldn't handle it anymore that for the first time, I put an innocent life in prison and let a guilty person escape I started walking away from her with clear expressions of frustration. I opened my car door ready to leave I don't know how I am going to live after this but I was convinced that I had to put an end to this chapter of my life where there were Victoria, Alenia, Eleanor and Tom, where there was the untold truth.

It's been nice writing this book I don't have any current expectations but would love to know if you liked it and thanks for stopping by to read it.