DAY 3

ALENIA'S POV

I was relieved I could finally tell the truth even though he's dead- the people should know how much of a monster he truly was. I was a little bit worried about my confession backfiring and leading into my arrest but the detective is smarter than that, I believe. 

"Why did you tell him?" I heard my mother speak. 

I shook my head in utter disbelief. I couldn't let the people keep believing he was perfect while the truth is, he was the furthest from that. 

"I don't see a reason why not mother, he is dead. He can't hurt me anymore but I should stand my ground and tell everyone what the truth was. And that he was the worst person to ever exist on earth" my voice started to choke. I am deeply hurt by the way she doesn't care at the slightest for my justice. 

"Do you understand the trouble you got us in? You are already a suspect and now this! Do you want to ruin your life?" she was yelling, and not normal yelling, her voice was louder than it has ever been through all these years. I knew she was scared, she cared for me.

"He is smart he will know it's not me, you don't have to worry about me" I approached her as I engulfed her into my arms. 

"You are all I have I don't want you to go to prison"She said almost crying. 

I can understand her fear. Growing up, she was all I had as well, I never went to school , never had friends but she filled that space. She taught me, befriended me, raised me and helped me. I am extremely grateful for everything she ever gave me but I can't forget all the pain through these years. 

Every night I would sleep crying because he beat me, and she didn't stop him- no one did. It's not like she didn't want to, but she couldn't even when she tried. And I had to suffer everyday because of that but now that he isn't here anymore, everyone deserves to know that he isn't the nice person he pretends to be, the fake respectful act he holds in front of people was nothing but a disgusting cover to the real ugly side of him, his dark side. 

_______________________

It's been three days since they found his body, the detective isn't saying anything other than the obvious facts. 

The killer was right handed. 

He stabbed him within close distance. 

It was a stone cold-blooded murder. 

Almost everyone in the house was right handed so that didn't help much but the last one, I took seconds to think, if someone wanted to kill him why would he do it calmly?

In my defence, since everyone didn't have a motive except me, my motive was stronger than killing him cold blooded; there would have been anger and rage, more emtions but there wasn't which hopefully will be enough defence to clear my name out, HOPEFULLY. 

_____________________________

I heard Ms.Eleanor talking to some man about something. I was trying my best not to eavesdrop, so I couldn't catch much words other than "it must be sold". 

What is she selling? And why would she be selling something 3 days after her husband died, regardless of what she is selling. 

Should I tell Mr. Charles? Maybe, it could help them. But this doesn't seem any of my business. 

"Are you spying on them?" I heard the familiar male voice, it's him. 

"Not on purpose, but she is talking about selling something. You should go and find out, isn't that your job?" 

"I could use your help whenever you hear something suspicious in this house you directly come and tell me. Understood?" I nod my head as he walks inside. 

I leaned closer to hear what they were about to say. I know it's not right but I couldn't help it. Murder is no small deal, someone's life could be ruined because of another person. 

" What are you selling? " Charles exclaimed. 

" Pardon?, I dont think it's any of your business" 

" Whatever it is you are selling, it might be related to the murder so you better start talking now or I am going to willingly arrest you for obstruction of justice." his tone seemed very threatening as if he was shooting her daggers through his glares. 

"I'm selling my house, it.." 

"Absolutely not" he cut her off before she could continue. 

"This house is an active crime scene and there could be possible missed evidence. you can not sell it. " 

"Maybe you forgot the fact that I gave you 5 days, and now you have two days left after that, I would have complete control over my house. " she paused and then resumed. 

"I'm selling it after 2 days and I don't care about you or your little police friends I'm moving to Birmingham to live with my parents, and that's it! " 

I could hear her approaching the door so I tried my best to hide as I could see her feet walking away.

Selling the house. Was she trying to hide something? Why would she sell the house only five days after her husband died? I was never able to follow up on anything she does because she was always but this is extremely odd. 

I know for a fact that this house is really expensive but that can't be a motive could it?

"It could be" I turned to see Mr. Charles. Was I thinking loud? 

"Yes indeed you were" Is he inside my brain? Or am I just thinking loud because I can't even hear myself. 

"You are thinking loud, stop denying it! " I am definitely thinking way too loud. 

"What can I do for you?" 

"Nothing, I would like to know estimatedly how much does this house cost?" 

"I'm not sure Miss Eleanor was always trying to convince Mr. Tom to sell it saying it was old fashioned but he wouldn't give it up."

"How do you know that?" 

"She would always bring the idea whenever they were dining, that's the only time he is in the house, besides when he is asleep. " 

"I need you to do something for me" 

I nod my head hesitantly, "What can I do for you? "

"List the names of every real state agent that ever came to this house regarding the sell. Give me the list by midday, and I shall investigate"

"Alright. " 

"Now please excuse me, " I excused myself and left the place to start recalling. It wasn't a hard job I always knew their names whenever they would show up at the door I am hoping that my poor attempts would help solve this tragic murder.

I would like anyone reading this to know that i tried my best also I'm not british but i tried to make it look british.... So yeah.
ENJOY