Troubled Trainer

This is kinda short because I have writers block and can't think of anything good, so my bad 😅
Also I made this while really tired and this wasn't beta read, sorry :(
————————————————————————

It was around 11pm, Bea was sitting in the gym's lobby, waiting for the building to close for the night. Allister had been battling a trainer that she swear she saw leave hours ago, and he was battle over-time by... 1,567 seconds. She had been counting the seconds after a while, so she knew the time almost exactly. The leader's breath hitched as she saw the smaller leader walk out of the Gym in a nervous sweat. The woman's mind immediately went south and started asking tons of questions to the young boy. "Allister? What's wrong? Did something happen? Why did that battle take so long? Are you hurt?"

Being bombarded by questions stressed the child, but he tried his best not to show it. "No, no.. I'm fine, I'm just kinda... uhh.. I need help with something, is all!" The child laughed nervously, which was the first sign something was up.

Bea sighed. "Alright then.. Whatcha' need lil dude? I'm all ears." Allister slightly started wobbling, the second sign something was wrong, but he quickly continued with the conversation.

"My Gengar.. He kinda just.. won't listen to me? I know this is an odd question but can you- can you make him listen to me again? I know that I kind of sound weak and stupid but-"
"Allister."
Bea's sudden but-in to Allister's ranting made him jump a little. He started to get scared of getting in trouble and apologized immediately.
"A-Ah! I'm so sorry Ms. Bea! I won't bother you again I promise-"
"Why are you so quick to degrade yourself? You're an excellent trainer for your age, and you should know that. You're so good that you're even stronger than Mr. Kabu, and he works out everyday! Chill out with the insults a little bit and we can get through this problem together, alright?"

It took Allister a while to fully comprehend what Bea just said. He was.. a good trainer? Allister quickly ran over and hugged her, to which Bea just pat his head.
"...Alright."
Allister let go of Bea and took out his Gengar's pokéball. He explained that it would leave the ball just fine, but it wouldn't listen to the boy at all. Bea just said that it just probably was having a rough time, or that it was being rude of purpose and needed a light scolding. So that's exactly what they did. Needless to say the Gengar was more diligent then would probably be for a while.

And It's also needless to say that Allister has always thanked her about that to this day. 🌸