Chapter 1

"C'mon Swallowkit it's already sunhigh! Let's go !the elders are going to tell us about the dark forest today!" Meowed Koikit cheerfully
In reply Swallowkit have a disgruntled chirp before stretching and ungracefully launches herself from the cozy nursery walls.
"Hey where are you to troublemakers going?" Meowed RipleyStar -their mother- the leader of riverclan.
"The elders said they would tell us a story" chirped the two kits
"Alright as long as you don't go chasing their tails" RipleyStar mewed in a mocking tone
Koikit and Swallowkit raced of toward the elders den.

By the time the elders had finished their story it was time for sharingtoungs.
The rough texture of her mother's rasping young always comforted Koikit.
In the sundown the kits were sent to the nursery to sleep

The young kits eyes fluttered closed as Koikit drifted into a peaceful sleep, it only lasted for mere second though as she felt strong burning heat on her face her eyes fluttered open to see a blinding strike from the sky as the normally calm peaceful clouds rolled in deep harsh grey.
She'd never seen fire before but this had to be it it's was exactly the way the elders described it.
Then the kit noticed that nothing was moving.
Everyone and everything were frozen in time.
She noticed a small shape by the fire from the sky.
It was a kit.
She began frantically scanning the camp for Swallowkit but realised the tiny body in the fire was not her sister but the youngest kit in the clan finch kit who was born only a few days ago.
Then it went dark.
It all went black and she awoke to being violently shaken by Swallowkit
"Koikit are you okay?"
She was safe in the nursery with her sister and mother it was only a dream.