Chapter 3

Splash!
the water swirling around her muzzle
The current pulling with intense force
Though somehow felling at peace while dragging a huge carp up to shore.
Koipaw had only learned to swim last moon but Firepelt said she was a natural in the water
And really living up to her name
"WHOA koipaw I told you to get fish not Monsters!" Firepelt purred with joy at the size of the fish that her apprentice had caught
Koipaw shook out her calico pelt sprinkling water droplets across the bank
"You know-"whispered Firepelt in koipaw ear "I think you may just be a better fisher than your sister"
Koipaws whiskers quivered with humour as she watched her older sister floundering around in the shallows panicky at the feel of the fishes scale beneath her paws.
"Can I go help her?" Mewed koipaw
A little nod from Firepelt and koipaw dived into the river legs weaving through the weed and toward where she could see her sisters paws below the surface.
Then all it took was to push forward and bite at the fish that passed her it noticed koipaws bright pelt and swam right into Swallowpaws claws.
She swam back down to Firepelt and slid out of the murky water only to realise the sorry look on her mentors face.
"YOU FISH BRAIN WHY CANT YOU EVEN CATCH A FISH THAT SWIMS DIRECTLY INTO YOUR PAWS!"
"Sorry I'm so sorry I-"
She was cut of by the snarling of salmonnose
"NO SORRY FEEDS NO BELLIES GO CLEAN OUT THE ELDERS BEDDING AND NO SWIMMING TOMORROW!"
Swallowpaw slunk away through the reeds mud clumped in her tail fur.
"Firepelt?" She looked glumly at her mentor
"Why can't Salmonnose be more like you? He's always so harsh whith Swallowpaw?"
"I don't know but i can speak with RipleyStar later if your concerned"