last first date

B E T T Y 

The one and only jughead jones of NYU, asked me out for a coffee.
We have the same journalism class, and there's something about him, something different.

His mind is iconic and i may have a teeny tiny crush on him.

We've talked a few times after class, but i have my next class just 5 minutes after my journalism class ends.

But after talking to my very popular among guys-best friend, Veronica, i started having second thoughts whether he asked me out as a friend or for a date.

" B he didn't even mention the word date, he probably just thinks you are a very smart and a cool person to hang out with. trust me i know guys, don't get your hopes up"

And it would be an understatement to say that i spent the whole night thinking about that one sentence.

Well, the only solution my overthinking came up with was asking him directly.

But what if he did just ask me out as friends and then he gets the wrong idea.

You know what, I'll just shoot my shot.

~after the class ended~

" Jughead, hi" i said, as he got up from his seat.

" hey, what's up"

" are we still on for tonight?"  i asked a little nervous.

" yeah, yeah we are, i'll pick you up around 7? oh wait, did something come up?"

" no nothing came up, i just wanted to confirm something"

" what?" he replied confused.

" are we going as friends or is it a date" i asked, nervously chuckling.

" do you not want it to be date?"

" oh no no, you weren't specific when you- "

" calm down, it's a date" he said laughing after cutting me mid sentence and brushed his hand against my arm.

" it's a date" i replied smiling.

" aren't you late?"

" oh shoot! yes fuck"
i quickly put all my stuff in my bag.

" see you tonight" he said softly, and aa much as i wanted to stop and just be there with him, i was really late.

" byeee" i said smiling and ran as fast as i could for my next class.

it was around 7.00 and jughead had picked me up.

" why'd you think it wasn't a date?" he asked with a goofy smile, as we were walking to a nearby cafe.

" my best friend, veronica just put some silly stuff in my head, she's crazy"

" ohh okayy" he replied, laughing.

jeez that laugh was contagious.

Jughead first took me to a cafe, we had dinner and then we just walked the streets of new york.

I didn't even get to know, it was midnight, and honestly 5 hours with him felt like 30 minutes.

We somehow just clicked, just in these 5 hours it feels like i have known him my entire life and also, where has he been since forever.

to say the least, it was the best date i'd ever been on.

" we should really get going you know" i said and he intertwined our hands.

" wow your hands are cold"

" i didn't think we were going to be out for so long" i chuckled.

" you should've told me earlier that you are cold" he said, worried.

" so you can give me your jacket and be all sweet and cliché" i laughed and looked at our hands intertwined.

there was a different kind of warmth and comfort in him just holding my hand.

" hey i am sweet, and i wouldn't have given you my jacket to be cliche and shit, but because i wouldn't want you to get sick on our first date itself "

" how are you so confident that there will be a date after this"

" i think we both know that there will be many dates after this" he smirked and draped his jacket over my shoulders.

" your confidence is amusing" i laughed, " but seriously i need to get home, i've an early morning class tomorrow"

" come on, i'll walk you till there"

it took us 15 minutes to reach till my apartment, and i really did have a good time.

" so, i'll call you tomorrow?" he said, his eyes shining and looking into mine.

i softly nodded my head with a smile.

" i'll see you in class tomorrow" i said, breaking the sudden silence.

" yeah yeah, you'll see me there" he chuckled.

i was low-key hoping he would kiss me.

" i had a great time, thanks for today" i said with a smile.

" it takes two for that"

" so, goodnight, bye " i said giving up, and turning towards my door.

" betty wait" before i could say anything, he pulled me from my arm towards him and kissed me.

i smiled into the kiss.

it was a soft kiss, the ones which are out of love and not lust.

my hands made their way to his neck, slightly brushing against his hairline and his pulling me closer by my waist.

he slowly pulled away, rested his forehead on mine and smiled eyes closed.

while mine,  still lingered on him.

" goodnight" he whispered.

" goodnight" i said and saw veronica staring at us through the window.

" i have to go" i said slightly chuckling.

" bye" he pressed a kiss on my forehead and i walked towards my door, smiling like a fool.

because suddenly, all the love songs were about him.

As i unlocked the door, i saw veronica squealing like a little kid.

" how was your date?" she asked excited.

" it felt like my last first date"