xii

[ t w e l v e ]

"Classy."

One might say, that Christina resembled glue

Of course, out of context, this statement would be laughable. But when you mention the marauders and co. Christina was undeniably glue.

From an outsiders perspective, it all seemed rather amusing. 'It' being, the undoubtable crumbling of the seemingly unbreakable friendships between a few fifth year Gryffindors.

So it was clear to anyone and everyone who paid the slightest attention the the eight remaining students, that Christina Taylor was indeed, the glue.

That's right, remaining. Christy had left with Mcgonagall two days prior, and hadn't returned since. All that was known, was that her trunk and all of her possessions had mysteriously vanished, along with any hope of figuring out what the hell was happening.

"Would you stop being a selfish git for two seconds, put that damn book away and listen to me?" James snapped.

Remus looked up abruptly, before rolling his eyes, and continuing his reading.

"Unless you think she's fallen down a god forsaken rabbit hole, would you be so kind as to actually listen to us." Lily said, referencing the Alice in Wonderland novel he was currently enjoying. For the first time, and probably the last, Lily Evans was on the same page as James Potter.

Pursing his lips, Remus complied. Settling his book on a near by coffee table, and interlocking his hands, resting them atop his lap.

He looked pointedly at the two, inviting them to add purpose to the conversation.

"As I was saying, I think we should talk to Minnie again, maybe she has more information." James said.

"Oh yes, because that did so much good last time." Remus said, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

"What's your bright idea then huh? Because sitting there reading a children's book, sure as hell won't bring Christy back!" James spat.

"James-" Lily muttered, placing an hand on his shoulder comfortingly, only to have it shrugged off.

"No! You know what? I'm sick to death of you Remus!"

"Is that so?" Lupin replied patronisingly.

"Yes! Sitting their with your bloody books, and your bloody tea, and your bloody blankets. Acting as if our entire world hasn't just been tipped upside down." he yelled, getting to his feet.