💫Trip to Jeju💫

She hastily closed the book she was admiring as she saw Jimin making his way towards her bench. It was the last period and she was quick to acquire the last bench for herself. Jimin had looked around. There was no vacant seat so he had no option but to accompany Rhie again.

"Hi, I'm Rhie. We didn't get to introduce ourselves properly." She extended out her hand as Jimin sat.

"Jimin." He replied, hesitantly shaking their hands.

"Okay Class! We have a good news for you." Mrs. Jung spoke, directing all the eyes on her.

"So our college will be going to Jeju Island for trip." Mrs. Jung proclaimed enthusiastically. The whole class erupted into cheers but the guy next to her had no reaction at all.

"Well today wasn't that bad."

***

Rhie picked up her lunch box and walked to the table, Jimin was sitting alone at, munching on his gimbap. Jimin was surprised at the uninvited guest that he nearly choked on his meal. He wasn't used to a companion. The students talked to him only when they needed any help with their homework.

His glasses were off now. He must use them during study. She assumed.

"Are you going to trip?" She kneely asked.

"No." Jimin replied, chewing.

"Have you seen the island before?"

"No." He repeated his laconic reply.

"Then why aren't you going, man it's amazing place. I've heard about it a lot. You must come." She cheerfully spoke.

"I'm not coming." He needed to concentrate on his studies. There was no way his parents would allow him to go.

"You study like your life depends on it but hear me clearly on this buddy, you will spend your life in books, trapped in a single city." She paused. Jimin looked at her, his cheeks puffed out because of his mouth stuffed with food.

"Doesn't that thought scare you? Living your whole life in a single place. What will you tell your children when they would ask you 'appa what did you do in your youth' and you'll reply 'study study study'." She continued with her rant when she received no reply.

Jimin nearly choked again on the word children.

"Well think about it."

And with these last four words, she left him, gawked.