lights out - Spencer Reid

"how long will the power be out?" you ask , lighting a candle. "i don't know, the storms pretty bad." reid says back. you and reid got caught up playing chess and the power on the entire floor went out , no elevators and you were both too scared to take the stairs in the dark , so you decided to wait it out. not like you had anything to do anyways

"okay i see check in 4, what do you see?" you ask looking up at him. "i see it in 2." he begins moving pieces and you scoff. "how the hell do you see it in 2?" he laughs and like he said, beats you in 2 moves.

"okay i'm done playing chess with you, i never win." you say, moving to lay on the couch in rossi's office, where the two of you always played chess. he laughs and sits beside you on the couch

"so what do we do?" he asks. you shrug your shoulders. "well you could go get snacks and i could find a movie to watch on my phone?" you suggest and he nods, going to the kitchen.

the only movie you had downloaded on your phone was it's the great pumpkin charlie brown, for your niece. you knew spencer liked halloween so you propped it up on rossi's desk and waited for him to come back with the snacks.

he got some popcorn and candy, and you ate and watched the movie. about 20 minutes in and you are both laughing at how dumb it is that you find it funny. "you know , you kinda act like lucy" spencer says. you gasp and slap his shoulder. "do not!" you retort.

"yeah you do." he says laughing. "what does that make you, charlie brown?" you ask, raising a brow. "yeah, i guess it does. you know, charlie brown and lucy had crushes on each other?" he says , looking up at you. "yeah" you say back.

"i guess we're more like them than we thought." he says and you laugh "spencer there's no way you have a crush on me." you say laughing "there is a way." he says turning to face you. "besides , you didn't deny yours on me either. cmon y/n you should know better than anyone that you can't lie to a profiler."

you felt the heat on your cheeks. "lucy never admitted her crush to charlie anyways." you say quietly. "but he always knew." he says, pulling your chin up with his thumb, so you had to look him in the eye.

before you can speak , the lights flicker back on and you can hear the generator making noise. "lights are back on lover boy." you say , patting his cheek and beginning to get up but he pulls you into his lips, crashing them onto yours.

your tounges fight for dominance before his overpowers yours, your fingers tangling in his hair. you pull away , speechless. "lucy should have told charlie brown when he had the chance." you both laugh and you knew you made the right decision playing chess with spencer after work

hi guyssss! this is just a short little one shot , hope you guys like it! also hope you had a fun and safe halloween! love you all , xoxo!