Chapter 2: Gwen Stacy

Gwen's POV:
I woke up and yawned as I got out of bed and went to get ready for school. I got dressed and made sure to have my costume hidden in my bag as I got out of my room and saw my dad with a file. "Morning dad." I said, "Hey sweetheart, slept good?" he asked, "Yeah, I did. What's with the file?" I asked, "*Sighs* A new spider appeared. He caught some would be killers at a bank last night. He left a note." Dad said as he showed me the note and I read what it said. "To the NYPD, caught these guys who were about to kill a family in the bank. Signed, Hybrid." I read and I was confused as to the name. "If you're confused about the name, then you aren't the only one. You better get to school." Dad said, "Alright, love you." I said as I walked out the door and went to school. On my way out of the building I stopped at the elevator and a boy with black hair and the school uniform walked in and he had his headphones on playing a song that I like as well, "Hey, are you listening to Post Malone?" I asked getting his attention. "Um, yeah, you heard of him?" he asked, "I actually have his latest song Sunflower. I kinda beat my drums to the beat of the song." I said, "That explains a lot. I live right under your room." He said. I was surprised that he lived in the same building and just one floor under my room. "Oh, sorry." I said, "No worries, you're pretty good." He said, I smiled and blushed a little as well. "You go to Verizon?" I asked, "Yeah, I tend to keep to myself though." He said, "Why's that, you seem cool?" I asked, "I lost my parents in a bank robbery a year ago and recently lost my aunt and uncle when they passed away from old age." He said and I realized who he was, "You're Mike Riley, aren't you?" I asked, "Yeah. The last Riley." Mike said as he looked down and he looked away and mumbled something.

Mike's POV:
'This is just painful. Your heart rate is rising.' Hybrid said as I was talking to this girl while we were going down the elevator to the first floor. "Be quiet." I mumbled, "You say something?" the girl asked, "Oh, um, nothing. You know my name, but I don't know yours." I said trying to change the subject. She smiled and something inside me felt warm and I swear she has the cutest smile. 'Wait, cute?' I mentally asked myself, "I'm Gwen Stacy. You already know my dad." Gwen said as we shook hands, "Yeah, he tried to keep my parents murder case open. He helped me out a lot." I said as we reached the ground floor and walked to Verizon and we just talked about whatever. We had a lot in common, our favorite music artist being Post Malone and making sure we get good grades. We got to school, and I was knocked down by the school bully, "If it isn't the orphan." Max said as he and his goons smiled and laughed, "Leave him alone Max." Gwen said, "I don't think so. He makes me sick just looking at him." Max said and I tightened my fist and I felt Hybrid try to cover my hand. 'No, he isn't worth it.' I told Hybrid, 'If you say so.' Hybrid said. Gwen helped me up and Max grabbed my sketchbook from the floor since it fell out of my bag. "Hey, give that back." I said, "Make me dork. Let's see what we got here." Max said as he opened it and saw the photo of me and Ghost Spider, "You were able to get a photo with Ghost Spider. This has to be a fake. A loser like you isn't worth her time." Max said as he took the photo and was about to rip it when I grabbed his wrist, "I said give it back." I said calmly as he just smirked and was about to rip the photo when Miles walked over and took the photo out of Max's hands. "He asked you to give it back." Miles said as he handed me the photo and I put it back in my sketchbook and put the sketchbook into my bag as I walked away with Gwen and Miles behind me. "Thanks Miles." I said, "No problem man. I see you've met Gwen." Miles said, "You two know each other?" I asked, "Yeah, we have quantum physics together. We also hang out sometimes." Gwen said as I smiled and went to my class that I had with Gwen.

[Time Skip: After School]
Gwen's POV:
Once school was over; I saw Mike leaving and I wanted to hang out with him but I had to meet up with Miles so we can find this new guy. I ran into the girls restroom and made sure to wait for everyone to leave before I left in my costume.