Chapter 3: Asking Gwen on a date/ First Date

Gwen's POV:
I woke up and found out that my dad had already left, and I saw that it was Saturday. "Awesome, I can work on my songs." I said to myself as I went back into my room and was about to start playing when I heard a knock at the front door. I went to answer it and saw Mike standing there. "Hey Mike." I said, "Hey, can I come in?" Mike asked, "Yeah, come on in." I said as I went into the kitchen and got a cup of coffee. "Want some coffee?" I asked, "Sure." Mike said as he saw a picture of me and my whole family. "This you're mom and brother?" Mike asked, "Yeah, my brother was a bit of a troublemaker. My mom was always on his case. My dad and I were happy back then." I said, "I know how that feels. I was seventeen when my parents were taken from me. Now my aunt and uncle. Although something happened yesterday." Mike said, "What happened?" I asked, "Some friends of mine went to my aunt and uncles place, and this guy who said he was from the bank said that the deadline for the closure of the house was shortened. Turns out he was there to kill me." Mike said, "What? Why?" I asked knowing why already but playing it off, so he doesn't know who I am. "Something to do with what my parents worked on. I think it had something to do with a glitching spider." Mike said. When he said glitching spider I started to worry about what that might mean. "Did your parents ever talk about things like that at home?" I asked, "No, but the guy was shot in the head after he talked about my parents work and about the passing of my aunt and uncle." Mike said. I know what he was talking about since I was there and that he punched that guy in the face for even mentioning his family. "Mike, Miles told me that you've never lashed out in anger before." I said, he sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, "He's right, I've never let my emotions get the better of me before. But that's not what I came here to talk about." Mike said, "It's not?" I asked as he just nodded and walked over to me and his cheeks were red as if he was blushing. "I, um, well... I w-was wondering i-if you w-would like to, I don't know, g-go out with me?" Mike asked stuttering over his words. He was asking me out on a date, I blushed lightly and saw that he was waiting for an answer, "Um, wow, I'm flattered that you would ask me. But the thing is, I've never been on a date before." I said.

Mike's POV:
I was a little hurt when she said that "Well, I haven't been on one either. But I understand." I said, "But, I'd be lying if I said no. I'd like to go out with you." Gwen said and I saw her blushing, 'Nice kid, she's a good catch. Just make sure to wait until she's eighteen before doing anything sexual.' Hybrid told me as I blushed at the thought and had a bit of blood drip from my nose. "Mike, your nose is bleeding. Here." Gwen said handing me a paper towel. "Thanks, just something that happens a few times." I said as I wiped the blood from my nose and smiled that she accepted my request for a date. "So, when should I pick you up?" I asked, "We could hang out here until say, six p.m." Gwen said, "I'd like that." I said as we laughed, and we looked into each other's eyes and I could see her eyes were the same as her mother's from the photos. "You have your mother's eyes." I said, she smiled, and I put my hand on hers and something just sparked. We pulled our hands away from each other and I looked at my hand and it felt like it was charged with electricity. 'Weird.' I thought, "Must be the static electricity." Gwen said, "Uh, yeah. Must be." I said as I then felt weird and Gwen looked at me and I looked at her, "Gwen." I said as I feel down, and foam was coming out of my mouth. "MIKE!" Gwen shouted, the door opened, and Captain Stacy ran in, "What happened?" he asked, "I... can't... breath." I strained as I was trying to talk and breath. I then passed out cold and the last thing I saw was Gwen with tears in her eyes.

[Time Skip]
Gwen's POV:
I was sitting in a chair next to Mike's hospital bed and he was doing better than he was before. The sight of him foaming around his mouth and him not being able to breath was scary. "*Groans* Not cool." Mike said as he woke up and saw me, "Hey Mike." I said, "Hey, what happened?" he asked, "You had an allergic reaction to the coffee I gave you. My dad had it tested, and it had some peanut grinds in it. Sorry." I said, "*Groans* I really hate peanuts. My mom told me that I break out in hives when I'm even near them." Mike said as he sat up and he seemed to be recovering rather fast. "I guess our date will have to wait. Ha, rhyme." Mike said and I laughed at his joke. My dad walked in and saw Mike awake, "Thank God you're alright. I have no clue how those peanut grinds got into the coffee machine." My dad said, "It's fine. I'm already feeling better. Hey, where's my dad's jacket and my mom's necklace with their wedding rings?" Mike asked, "Right here, I made sure to have the nurse and doctor keep them in here." I said as I handed him the necklace and he put it on his neck and held it. "Thanks, these mean a lot to me." Mike said as he held the necklace and the rings in his hand close to his heart, "I still have no idea how those peanut grinds got into the coffee grinder." My dad said as he and Mike looked at each other weirdly, "What?" I asked them, "Someone wants me dead." Mike said, "I'll have a security detail waiting for you." Dad said, Mike nodded and sat up. "You should take it easy." I said, "Gwen, someone ordered a hit on me. I need to know why. Go to my aunt and uncle's place. Go to my room, I think the spider that bit me is still there." Mike said as he gave me his keys and pointed to one that had a spider symbol on it, "Mike, you're not making any sense." I said as I took the key. "Whoever wants me dead, has to be the same person who had my parent's killed. That spider has to be linked to me and my family somehow." Mike said as he sighed and his eyes closed, "Please... find it." Mike said before he fell asleep. I got up and walked out of the room closing the door, "Gwen, what's wrong?" my dad asked, "Mike is asleep, he asked me to get something for him from his aunt and uncle's place." I said, "Did he say what?" he asked, "A spider that bit him." I said quietly to avoid suspicion. Dad looked around and pulled me to an unoccupied room. "Dad, what's going on?" I asked, "Mike's father called me a week before he was killed. He said he found out something that didn't sit well with him or his wife. They sent me a few things; they were coded so I had one of the deciphers look into it. They all had one name in common. Norman Osborn, I tried to put him under investigation, but the warrant wouldn't come through." Dad said, "Dad, what's this got to do with Mike?" I asked, "Mike is the only person who has the work that both his parent's worked on in his bloodstream. He's unaware of it, at least I think he is. But whatever is in his bloodstream must have something to do with the attempt on his life." Dad said as we left the room and I saw my dad's staff sergeant walk over to us, "Captain, I got the team assembled as you asked. Once Mike's been released, we'll keep an eye on him." Miles's dad said, "Good, but we only need the protection detail for here and when he goes to school. The kid was trained by his father and uncle in martial arts." Dad said as I said bye to my dad and left to go to Mike's aunt and uncle's house. Once I got there, I saw Miles and two other people there, "Gwen, what are you doing here?" Miles asked, "Mike is in the hospital. He had an allergic reaction that almost killed him." I said, "Mike almost died?" a buy with blonde hair and a spiderman shirt asked, "Yeah, he and my dad think someone tried to kill him." I said and Miles and the blonde haired guy looked at each other.