Chapter 4: Confessions (Light Fluff)

Gwen's POV:
After dinner Mike and I just drove around the city on his bike. Even though I can get the feeling of wind rushing past me by web swinging around the city, there's something special about riding on a motorcycle. "This is amazing." I said, "Yeah, it is. But not as amazing as you." Mike said and I smiled under the helmet when he said that. As we drove, I could tell that he was still keeping something from me, something that has to do with the spider I found in his room. "Mike, is something wrong?" I asked, "I could ask you the same thing. Both of us have a secret." Mike said, 'Does he know who I am?' I asked myself, "But we keep our secrets to keep those we care about safe. I guess that's what my parents did. I never knew what they were working on. Only that the name of the thing they were working on was called 'Project: Spider'. But that doesn't matter right now. What does matter is how I feel about you. When we first met, I was still in a dark place. Sure, I had my friends to help me out. But when we met, something inside me just sparked." Mike said and before I said anything an explosion almost knocked us over. I looked back and saw a black SUV and a man with a rocket launcher. "Talk about bad timing." Mike said as he revved the engine and I noticed how he was remaining calm. "Mike, why are you so calm?" I asked as he took a right turn and I looked back and saw the SUV still chasing us. "They're still chasing us." I said, "Not us, me. Those guys probably work for Osborn. You hid the spider that bit me, right?" Mike asked, "Yeah, I did." I said as I quickly shot a web at the man with the rocket launcher. "Looks like Ghost-Spider is nearby." I said. Mike seemed like he was talking to himself, "No, not yet." Mike said, "What?" I asked, "I wasn't talking to you." Mike said as he turned to me and went wide eyed.

Mike's POV:
I went wide eyed when I saw a man with an automatic weapon aim at Gwen, 'Let me help!' Hybrid shouted in my head, "Gwen, what I'm about to do stays between us." I said as I let go of the handlebars and activated the autopilot function. I jumped up and looked back at the black SUV. "Mike, what are you doing?" Gwen asked as I smiled, "I think I should tell you who I am." I said as Hybrid created my armor and Gwen was shocked to see who I was, "I am Hybrid!" I said as Hybrid disguised my voice. I created two AK27's and aimed at the SUV and smirked under my mask, "Payback time." I said as I opened fire on the SUV, of course it was bullet proof. But I was really aiming at their tires. Once the tires on the SUV were destroyed, I created a grenade and threw it at the SUV. I sat back down and deactivated the autopilot function and Hybrid peeled the armor back into my body. "You're Hybrid? This whole time." Gwen asked, "Yeah, I think I also got a few powers from the spider that bit me. But you would know all about that wouldn't you, Ghost-Spider?" I asked, Gwen went wide eyed when I said that to her, "I, uh, I don't know what you're talking about." Gwen said trying to lie. "Hybrid can tell when someone's lying Gwen. Besides, we're headed back to my place anyway." I said as we drove back to our apartment to talk about a few things.

[Time Skip]
[Location: Mike's Apartment]
Gwen's POV:
Once we got to our apartment building, we went to Mike's apartment and he closed the blinds. "Mike who are you Hybrid?" I asked, "It happened a few days ago. After we met, I went to my aunt and uncle's place and changed into some clean clothes. I went for a walk and met up with Flash Thompson. We talked for a bit then I left and saw what I thought was a shooting star. Turns out it was a meteorite." Mike said, "Alright, what's so weird about that?" I asked, "The meteorite was a pod that contained the being that allows me to be a hero. Gwen, meet Hybrid." Mike said as a red and black liquid came out of his back and a face formed and it remined me of Venom. "You have a symbiote?" I asked, "Hello, Gwen, or do you prefer Ghost-Spider? You superhumans and your need for secret identities always fascinated me." Hybrid said. "How long have you known I was Ghost-Spider?" I asked, "Not too long. When we got that static shock from when I was attempted to be killed. When I saw bitten by that spider, something inside of me changed. I think I have more powers now. But I need someone to teach me on how to use them." Mike said as he looked at me and smiled, "I was hoping that you would teach me." Mike said. "Well, you've been doing a good job so far. But why tell me this now?" I asked him, "Because I care about you. And I've had a crush on you before I even knew who you were in civilian life." Mike said, I blushed when he said that to me. I smiled and looked at him, "Since we're being honest here. I am Ghost-Spider, and I've been crushing on you as well. Oh, and there's one other thing. It has to do with Miles." I said, "What's that?" Mike asked, "Well, you know the new Spiderman?" I asked, "Yeah, what does that have to do... Oh. Miles is the new Spiderman." Mike said, "Yeah, he is." I said. We just stood there for a moment before Mike walked over to me and hugged me and I hugged him back.

Third Person POV:
Mike and Gwen looked at each other's eyes and leaned in close, their lips touched, and they started kissing. They kept kissing as Mike picked her up and Gwen wrapped her legs around his waist. Mike and Gwen went into his bedroom and Mike laid Gwen on the bed as he laid on top of her and they continued to kiss.

[Time Skip brought to you by The Moon God]
Mike's POV:
I woke up and saw Gwen laying her head on my chest and I smiled, 'Good thing we used protection.' I thought t myself. 'Speaking of which, I could have just made you shoot blanks.' Hybrid told me in my head, "Yeah, I'm not even going to ask." I said as I carefully saw my phone buzzing and saw that it was Captain Stacy. I picked it up and answered, "Hello." I said, "Mike, where are you and Gwen?" Captain Stacy asked, "My apartment. We fell asleep on the couch." I said blindly, "Alright, look we have a situation here. Turn on the news." Captain Stacy said, I carefully got up from the bed and made my way to the living room and turned on the TV. "What is that?" I asked, "That's what I want to know. This thing just appeared, and it has your parent's names on the back of it. I think this is something they wanted you to have." Captain Stacy said, "I'll be right there. Should I contact Ghost-Spider?" I asked, "You know how to find her?" he asked, "In a way." I said as I hung up the phone and went to wake up Gwen. "Gwen, get up we got a problem." I said, "*Groans* Five more minutes." She said, "Gwen come on. Your dad just called me." I said and that got her attention. "Oh, my Gid. We did all that." Gwen said as her face turned red, "Hey, we used protection. But that's not why your dad called me. Something appeared in the city, something that has my parents names on it." I said as Hybrid created my armor and Gwen went to her bag and went into the bathroom to change into her suit. Once she walked out, she walked over to me and kissed my cheek, "We'll talk about his later." Gwen said as she put her mask on and we walked over to the balcony and saw Spiderman was already headed to where the thing was. "We better follow him." I said as my voice changed to keep my identity safe.