12

"What are we cleaning?! And not the birdbrain?!",yelled Bakugou as he harshly swept away at the dust with his broom

"Well someone has to make sure we weren't followed or going to be attacked",Uraraka explained as she took off her face cloth, any minute now she was sure the broom was going to snap in half

"Yeah bakubro besides you're very good at cleaning",Kirishima grinned as his compliment seemed to bring a bit of pride into the blonde

"Well if you bastards can't do it someone has to",Bakugou huffed forgetting about the issue he'd initially been complaining about

Earlier they'd been surprised when Keigo had rushed in and pretty much kicked everyone out. After further explaining Yaoyorozu had been more than happy to let everyone borrow cleaning materials. So now everyone was set to work half of them on the first floor and the orher half on the second floor.

"Hey Bakugou we need a hand",Jirou popped her head into the room

"Tch show me",Bakugou grumbled as he left after Jirou

"I think we're lucky Deku's on the second floor",Uraraka chuckled,"Hey why does Bakugou hate deku? Didn't you guys all come here together?"

Kirishima sighed, it was true they'd all arrived together. The others weren't aware of their past just that they'd run away from home.

"Who knows",he replied as the girl went on returning to her cleaning

He knew why the day you'd gone and saved them. Bakugou had been to injured from the harsh treatment to fight, having to depend on Deku and Todoroki who had some strength left. He guessed having to rely on Deku who he'd mentioned hating was probably the cause for all his anger towards him. A slow smile crept on his face. When he'd first met Bakugou they'd been stuff in the same room at first things were awkward. His nasty attitude made him seem unapproachable but then came a day when those bastards were coming to collect him. Bakugou had jumped at them even when he was being tazed, he hadn't let them touch him.

"Hey I brought snacks",you spoke as you walked into their room

"Thanks",Ururaka grinned as she went to take one of the sandwiches

"Kiri want one?",

He smiled softly,"yeah thanks."

You were working with Todoroki outside making the building more stable using mana. You could make out Keigo's shadow as he hovered above in the air. You usually refrained using any magic unless necessary but if the building wasn't secured it could come down any second.

"That should be good enough",Todoroki spoke up as he wiped away the sweat on his forehead

"Yeah...hey Todoroki what do you think of Keigo?",you asked as you sat down on the ground

"Hmm I think he'd be useful",Todoroki replied nonchantly,"I trust your judgement, and so should you. I noticed you've spoken to Midorya and Bakugou, believe in yourself (y/n)."

You stared speechless as he smiled softly and walked away. What he said was true, yet something seemed to linger in the back of your head. The shadow seemed to get closer until a feather brushed your face.

"You're looking sad songbird",he spoke softly as he knelt infront of you,"Are you not feeling well?"

"I'm fine, I just have a lot in my head",you reassured him

He gently reached and held your hand massaging it with his thumb.

"I've been studying and holding hands helps relax and build a connection",he said

You stifled a laugh,"Studying? For what?"

"You said I was broken and I didn't understand so I spoke to a few. They suggested a few tips and even some books",he explained staring at your hand,"I want to be a reliable partner."

"How can you say that without feeling embarrassed?!",you exclaimed, you could feel your face heating up

"Why? I'm not lying",he said as he stood up,"I'll return to patrol now, stay safe songbird",he smiled as he placed his hand gently on your head before flying off

You stood up stiffly, had he always been this bold? Yes he was direct but not to this extent. A part of you felt special but another was a raging side of you that had so many things to say to prove yourself wrong.  Still the smile on your face was proof enough how it made you feel.

"Tch give me a break",Bakugous voice could be heard coming from above. His was resting his chin on his Palm staring out the window towards you

"What?",you glared up at him

"A few corny words is what it takes?",he said as a smirk spread on his face,"Is that what it takes?"

Your body tensed up, he didn't get it. He was so focused on the negative he didn't see how much Keigo's words did mean to you. It wasn't just his words but you could see it in his eyes how honest he was being. He didn't give up he was bettering himself not for himself but for you.

Taking a deep breath You turned and walked away, You weren't going to give him the pleasure of arguing with him.

"Captain I require assistance",Shoji said as he walked up cloak still on

"Sure, what is it?",you asked as you followed him inside

"Well we need to secure the stairway, Todoroki is busy with Jirou. Deku is helping with the heavy lifting. I'm afraid Bakugou won't want to be of assistance",he explained

It was true you were all willingly to share the fact you were mages except Bakugou. You'd think for someone who had such an ego he'd be flaunting his power but he wasn't. The only times he ever went all out would be the battle field.

The sun was long gone when everyone was finally done. The place looked better than ever before. You kept the outside looking the same knowing no one would try to enter a broken down building. Todorki, Deku and Kirishima placed a protection barrier around the place.

"Good job guys",you grinned as you held up your cup. Everyone was gathered around eating to their hearts content,"Now for the next move."

Deku walked up to the front,"The Saviors as they call themselves are planning a major attack. However there's various steps on how to approach this."

"Thanks to Bakugou we've got a plan", your eyes met and a smirk slowly spread on his face

"Now we're talking nerds."