Chapter 17

The next morning Jungkook was no longer feeling uneasy. She had called and informed him that this would take a while and she'd keep him updated.

Tae on the another hand hadn't slept a bit. He was only thinking about the girl. He had never thought of the possibility that someone might take away Jungkook while Tae is still trying to make it right.

He got out of bed and walked to the kitchen for a glass of water.

"Whoa didn't sleep all night?"

"Oh Jungkook hey didn't see you there" Tae said sarcastically.

"Hm?" Jungkook looked up from his phone.

"Who was she?" Tae asked sitting on the sofa.

"Oh she's a friend"

"From the states?"

"Yes"

"Do you like her?" Tae looked down.

"Tae what no" Jungkook kept his phone away.

"Do you like me?" Tae looked up.

"Taehyung" Jungkook's expression fell.

"Jungkook! Who are we kidding? We can't act normal it's killing me! I can't live like strangers not with you!"

"What are you talking about?"

"I never fell out of love Jungkook. I was wrong. I was trying to point reasons for my behavior instead of owning up to my mistakes. I'm done lying to myself. I love you. I never stopped."

Tae looked at Jungkook expectantly but the latter sighed.

"Tae I can't I'm sorry"

"You loved me two months ago" Tae said controlling his tears.

"It's not that simple. I loved you so much and everyday I went to bed thinking about where I went wrong. How did I make someone who was head over heels for me to start hating me"

"I never hated you" Tae interrupted.

"Taehyung I can't forget everything that easily"

"I'm not asking you to, just tell me if we will ever be together again... Like before"

"I don't know" Jungkook didn't meet Tae's eyes.

Tae held Jungkook's arm. "Jungkook I'm so sorry but please don't say that. I realise now, I realise I was wrong. Please trust me"

"I trust you Tae. But my heart doesn't" Jungkook looked down. "I had been struggling to keep it together for so long. Everyone could tell. But you couldn't. You couldn't see what was right in front of you, so how can I trust you"

"How can I trust my heart with you again" Jungkook raised his voice.

"Jungkook..." Tae looked down not caring to wipe his tears. "I'm really so sorry"

Jungkook sat down and so did Taehyung.

"I know you are but I'm not ready" Jungkook spoke after a few minutes of silence.

"I have become Annie haven't I" Tae sat by Jungkook's knees. He put his head on Jungkook's thighs and started crying.

"I'm sorry kook I didn't realise until I lost you but don't give up on me" Tae hicupped as he cried.

"Tae calm down" Jungkook rubbed his back when he realised Tae was panicking.

"She hurt me... I hurt you"

"Tae" Jungkook tried to get Tae to look at him.

"I forgive you, okay?"

"You swear?"

"I swear."

"Thanks" Tae calmed down.

"And Tae you're nothing like Annie. She tortured you in the orphanage, physically"

"I still hurt you" Tae got up and sat next to Jungkook.

"Yes and I forgive you."

"But?" Tae looked at Jungkook.

"A relationship isn't a good idea"

"You mean right now.. right?" Tae looked with puppy eyes.

"hm maybe" Jungkook smiled.

Tae smiled widely and rested his head on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Had been ages since I last saw you smile like that"

"Well I've been down ever since you left"

"You stopped smiling the day I got Bogum. I'm sorry about that, Tae. It was the beginning of everything that went down but I couldn't let him talk about you like that"

"I know what he said" Tae said softly.

"Well then you know why I hit him. No one calls my boyfriend a slut in front of me." Jungkook paused.

Tae did not know that. Bogum had told him he went to introduce himself to Jungkook as Tae's new friend and the guy had punched him. He knew something didn't add up then, but he didn't ask Jungkook. Mistake.

"But that's in the past. I'll apologise to him the next time I see him"

"No don't. It's his fault"

"What" Jungkook gasped.

"What" Tae shrugged.

"Nothing" Jungkook smiled and Tae smiled too.

That was the first time in a while Tae felt good. He felt there was a chance that everything would be okay.