chapter six

The next day, I went to school, pretending to be glum. I heard Alya and Marinette arguing about something. So, naturally, I eavesdropped.

"You're a liar, Marinette." Alya exclaimed. "Lila would never threaten someone."

"Well, she did." Marinette told Alya. "I've been your friend far longer than Lila has and you still trust her more."

Alya narrowed her eyes. "Yes I do." she said. "She' done a lot."

"Is that so?" Marinette asked sarcastically. "I guess you can forget about your interview sessions with Ladybug since apparently Lila  does so much more than I do for you."

"You cant stop them," Alya said. "You don't control who Ladybug talks to."

"I am well aware." Marinette replied. "However, I can pass along the fact that you believe a liar who can produce no physical evidence."

"She's not a liar!" Alya exclaimed. "You are."

"I'm done." Marinette glared. "I'm sick of everyone believing that nasty ass liar."

Alya looked shocked. "What happened to the innocent Marinette?" she asked.

"She's dead." Marinette replied. "Lila killed her."

I smirked for a second then came closer. "What's wrong?" I asked, as if I hadn't just heard them.

Marinette glared and walked off.

Alya huffed. "Marinette's gone insane." she said angrily.

I let out a sigh, pretending to be disappointed. "I need to tell you something. You're not going to like it." But I will.

"What is it?" Alya asked.

I grabbed my phone and played the edited recording of Marinette threatening me.

Alya looked angry. "She was never true."

"Apparently not." I replied. "But how will you get to interview Ladybug?" I asked. "Marinette always set up the meetings."

Alya rolled her eyes. "Marinette doesn't have the ability to control Ladybug." she smirked. "Besides, Ladybug is too smart to trust a liar like Marinette."

I had a sinking feeling in my stomach that something bad was about to happen. "Very true." I replied. My radar for trouble was never wrong.