eighteen 🔥

🔥STEAMY ALERT—intense steaminess towards the end! 🔥

♫ I've been thinking bout you
Can't get you off my mind
And if I gave it to you ♪
(Sevyn Streeter—Come on over)

Chester pouted, placing both hands over his heart in feigned offense, with Coralie's words still ringing in the air. "Oh, that stings. I guess I'll go, then—"

Coralie grabbed his sleeve before he scampered too far out of reach. A whiff of his sugary sweet cologne hit her nostrils, and she frowned, wishing she hadn't moved closer. "Why are you here? If you're gonna go, at least explain yourself, first." Her heart raced in her rib-cage, too fast for her liking; she had to grip Chester's sleeve harder to stop from stumbling forward or toppling backwards.

Seconds had passed since Michael had departed from the bar. Then Chester entered, strolling in as if he owned the place. They'd likely walked past one another; did Chester recognize Michael? He'd seen pictures of him, on Coralie's Facebook and Instagram, she had no doubt. But Michael had no inkling who Chester was... so what if Michael came back in and discovered her grasping his sleeve and standing close, intimately so, to him?

Chester's smirk—sly and sexy all at once—worsened her struggle with balance. "Well, despite my messages telling you I saw you, I didn't actually catch you in the elevator today. Which is a damn shame." He eyed her up and down and whistled. "Because we," he pointed between himself and Coralie while squinting, "have unfinished business, don't we?"

She gulped. Yes, they did have things to discuss, issues to bring up. They had a record to set straight and limits to determine. How dare he basically molest her in an elevator? Not that she complained or threw him off, because she'd been as wound up and curious as he was... but he hadn't asked. He hadn't waited for her consent—which she would have given—and took advantage of her astonishment. And these were matters she did want to breach with him, to make him understand what he'd done was wrong.

But what if Michael returned in the middle of that conversation, and snuck up to hear what she had done? Or what if Ryan decided to pop in by surprise, unable to respect her boundaries as she'd requested? She'd be fucked, doubly so, because Ryan would throw a monumental fit, and she worried he might reach out to Michael in his anger. Then both would be aware of her betrayal, and she'd be left with Chester as her only option. And he was out of the question; polyamorous, unfaithful, flighty, fickle... no, she wouldn't choose him.

"I..." She shook her head and scrunched her eyebrows, refraining from spitting out all her thoughts at once. "It's not safe to talk. And especially not about that. You shouldn't even be in here—"

"—right, I saw Michael outside." Chester's smirk somehow grew wider. Was he amused by Michael's proximity, and the risk of him returning? "Looked chill as he crossed the street, I watched him. But I assume he has no idea who I am?"