Chapter Twenty Seven

Ben collapsed in front of my eyes.

My biggest regret was that I couldn't record it in slow-motion.

Ronin head-butted the air and Diego took it as a sign. He walked over to the small table, carried the water jug over to Ben and emptied it all over his head.

The second biggest regret of my life right here.

Man, can someone give me a warning before doing something drastic like this? Is it too much to ask for?

Ben woke up sputtering water out of his mouth and nose. He gave me a thumbs up and kissed two of his fingers and then presented it to the Lord above. He thought he was Jack from the alternative world of Titanic where he survived.

"Ben. You buffoon. Get up."

He looked up and gave me a nasty stare. Then her gaze shifted to Monica who was still trying to decide if he was a human or not. He stood up and then grabbed the bottom of his shirt and wiped his face with it. He kept on wiping and biting his lip.

I'm sure in his head he thought he was Harry Styles and everything he was doing was seducing women and men in a ten-mile radius. Sadly, he looked like a creep. His hair was somehow in spikes and his underwear was visible to all of us. It was neon and for a minute I got blind by just looking at it.

"I got 99 problems, but if you are in my life, then I got none."

Ben winked at Ronin's mother. Before Ronin could punch him on the face, Monica strutted towards him. For a second, I thought Ben's miserable attempt at a pick-up line worked because she was smiling at him. But what I failed to notice was that the smile was sinister and not amused.

Monica Hiscock, or whatever mafia surname she had was looking very bored with everything that was happening around her. She pulled out her hand and the mafia man one handed her a cigarette, then the mafia man two lit it with a lighter. She sucked the cancer stick and blew the smoke on my face. It was then I realized how close I was standing to her. I was kissing the distance apart from her.

Man, I need to get a grip. Either my period is around the corner or I think it's time to come out of the closet.

Monica twisted his arm around his back, took a drag of the cigarette and then did something to his finger that he screamed in pain.

"Just because I'm a woman don't think that I will take your silly flirting in a sporting manner. You better respect me or I will end you in minutes. I devour boys like you in breakfast and bath in their blood. Why do you think I have such flawless skin?"

She blew the smoke at his face and pushed him away from her. Ben was in tears and it looked like he was seconds away from crying. Poor baby. He's down. Rejected and threatened by your one true love.

"Stop it, Ben. You are an embarrassment. No wonder your high school band failed."

That caught his attention. If anything in this world hurts him like hell then it is his high school band.

"Hey... Where did that come from?"

He was clearly struggling to come up with words. The pain is real. When his band broke up, he cried for months.

"From nothing. I just like to remind you of your failures."

"Don't forget I still have your picture when you made out with a monkey, you b—"

I gasped out loud. How dare he bring that up in front of my future husband's family. Ronin was in his face before he could utter another syllable. I gave Ben an evil smirk. I saw a tear of sweat fall down his forehead. It could have been just water but I'm not telling this story like that.