Chapter Nine: Diana

Disclaimer: The movie 'Multiplicity' is copyright © Harold Ramis. I just borrowed a few quotes from an awesome but forgotten 90's movie.

After the aquarium, we had gone to lunch at a small little diner hidden away in downtown Boston. I was happy to find myself now completely relaxed with Dave. It probably had a lot to do with the fact that I had spent a half an hour in his arms, making out with him while glow-in-the-dark jellyfish spied on us from above. I hadn't shied away from his affections since. Hell, I had even begun seeking it out myself. By the time we arrived back at the hotel, I found myself not wanting to part from his company.

"Hey, carina, do you want to come back to my room with me?" Dave wrapped his arm around my waist as we waited for the elevator. "We could watch a movie."

It looks like I wasn't the only one who didn't want the date to end just yet... or ever in my case. The elevator dinged and the golden doors opened. Dave ushered me inside before I answered, "I'd love to."

An hour later found us cuddled on his bed watching 'Multiplicity' on HBO.

"You're both doodie-heads! Go up to your rooms and don't come out until you're married!"

"I think I might have yelled something similar at my little brother and sister when I used to watch them when I was a teenager," I giggled into Dave's chest, on which I was happily laying.

"Did you have to look after them a lot?" Dave asked curiously, as he ran his fingers through my hair in a way that was making me totally sleepy.

"Our mom died when I was fourteen. Breast cancer. Nona and Apollo were still pretty young and our dad worked all the time. The little twits ran off any nanny our dad hired so I looked after them most of the time," I explained.

"I'm sorry about your mama, stella mia," and he laid a kiss on my forehead. "It sounds like you were forced to grow up too soon."

"Don't be," I responded. I'd long ago come to grips with my mother's death. "And believe it or not, I'm glad I took care of Nona and Apollo. It made us really close."

"No clone nookie! Original nookie only!"

At that moment, my cell phone started ringing. I sat up and grabbed it from where I had left it on the nightstand. Looking at the caller I.D. I chuckled. Apollo's ears must have been burning. "Hello?" I answered.

"Da... Dad, I ha... hate you!" My little brother was slurring. There was techno music blaring in the background.

I rolled my eyes. The idiot was drunk off his ass. "Apollo, it's Diana, not dad... and, PLEASE, don't call Dad and say that," I groaned. That was a mess that I just didn't feel like cleaning up... again.

I heard a small scuffle before an unfamiliar but sober voice came on the line. "Sorry lass, tried to nick the phone before he called anyone. Got it now though. No worries."

"Thank you... whoever you are." I shook my head as I disconnected the call.

"Everything okay, dolchezza?" Dave asked as I put my phone back on the nightstand and reclaimed my spot cuddled up to his chest.

"Yep, just wondering when exactly I dropped Apollo on his head when he was a kid."