Chapter Thirteen: Diana

Dave was a gentle and passionate lover. He took me to the brink, over the edge, and back again before he even put on the condom. He wasn't exactly Ron Jeremy but, compared to my ex, he was ginormous. Also, unlike my ex, I knew this was more than just sex. This was more than just a biological itch that needed to be scratched. When he slipped inside me for the first time, I actually cried. I wasn't sad, no, and it most certainly didn't hurt. For the first time in my life, I felt complete. I knew where I belonged. It was overwhelming.

"Are you alright, principessa?" Dave stilled once he was seated inside me and noticed my tears. "Diana, am I hurting you?"

"No," I shook my head and ran my hand up his bare chest to wrap around his neck where my other hand joined it. "This is perfect, baby." It was the first time that I had ever used a pet name with him and Dave took it as his cue to start moving. "Fuck! I love you," I moaned as he hit that sweet spot inside of me, over and over again.

"I fucking love you too, Diana." Dave leaned down and took my lips in a passionate kiss.

Much later, as we laid curled up together, my head on his chest and our bare legs entwined, I said, "I don't want you to retire from FBI."

"Than I won't," he kissed my forehead.

"I don't want us living in two separate states either," I continued.

"Than move to D.C. with me," his arms tightened around me. "You already said your younger sister lives there and we can do this all the time." He started to playfully nibble on my neck.

I abruptly sat up. "Hand me my phone."

Dave sat up with a confused look on his face as he grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and handed it to me. "Who are you calling, cara mia? It's almost midnight."

I couldn't help smirking. "My agent, Kristy. I pay the bitch enough to answer the phone whenever I call."

Dave raised his eyebrows at my language. He wasn't used to me cursing very much but he also didn't know the history that was between Kristy and I. I hit Kristy' number on my speed dial and waited for the call to connect. It took about six rings.

"Do you have any idea what time is it?!"

I glanced at the motel's alarm clock. "Yeah, it's 11:53. Massachusetts and Florida are in the same time zone and I learned how to read a clock in kindergarten."

"And yet you still had to repeat the second grade," Kristy snapped.

That had been because of a combination of severe anxiety and bullying. I was too scared to attend school and missed so many days that I didn't qualify to move up a grade. That had nothing to do with my intelligence and the bitch knew it. "Well, I still made the grade up and graduated two years ahead of you. I have a reason for calling, you know." This insult fest could go on all night if I let it.

"And that reason would be...?"

"I'm moving to D.C. I wanted you to be the first to know since you're based out of Florida." My voice was sickeningly sweet and probably fooling no one. "I'll be looking for new representation. You're fired." I hung up the phone and fell, giggling, back into Dave's arms.

Dave was looking at me with a questioning but amused look on his handsome face.

"That was karma," I explained. "I've wanted to do that for over twenty years."

Dave shook his head before gently kissing me. "I love you, ya know."

I smiled. "Good, because I love you back."