Chapter 24: Timeless

"Time goes on no matter how much you want it to stop. It won't listen no matter how much you look at its hands. Staring it down with your fiercest of looks. Even if you silently plead with hopes of silent desperation, it will keep going. The ticking taunts you as if by every tick you've lost a piece of yourself. Maybe we do - lose a bit if ourselves by every tick I mean with every tick is a second gone. And every second gone is a chance that's flying out the window. Every second is a dream slipping from your grasp, a love escaping from your arms, and a desire traveling further and further away. Time is Heartless."

-Jasper

"Maybe that's the measure of love: time. When you love someone, it always feels like there isn't enough time to keep them like this, by your side. There never seemed to be enough peace, because you know that the time will come when you'll have to live different lives, traveling in separate roads."

-Jasper

"I'm sorry."
- drew

"It's two words but the weight of it pulls my heart down."

"There's never enough time for the people you love."
-Jasper

"It hit me how a sad smile can be such a paradox; it's like saying something quietly loud or hugging someone warmly cold. I guess that's why people their thoughts, and actions are never black and white; they're always a gradient, a shade of many different colors that are dark in some parts and light in the others."

- Jasper

" I know I'll never forget. I can't forget even if I tried. That's what true love does to you - once it enters your life, it encompasses you completely, and you wouldn't be able to forget it even if you tried. It'll never go away. It can dim sometimes, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Even time can't take true love away from you. True love is timeless."
-Ida

"Love defies a lot of rules darling, it even defies the rules you made yourself."
- Ida

"Don't let anyone in, because it'll be a pain to let them out."

-Jasper