𝟢𝟢𝟨. 𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗍𝗎𝖽𝖾!

A NEW DAY HAD BEGUN, AND EDEN NEEDED SOME MONEY—FAST

Since none of her typical sugar daddies had replied, and the haunted house had plenty workers for the next week, she decided the book store below her apartment would have to do. So, she grabbed a sweater, some mom jeans, and headed downstairs.

The elderly lady, Miss Jenson, who had worked there for at least thirty years sat in the same chair she always did.

"Morning, miss! Care for some extra hands?" Eden asked politely, a smile on her face.

From a light dose, the older woman awoke. "Of course, friend. You know I always have some extra cash for your jobs."

Eden giggled and went to the back room where Miss Jenson always kept her list of jobs she had to complete, only today, it would be Eden.

First, she took out the trash, then began reorganizing the books. It was a common shop for local book nerds, meaning there was always things being misplaced. With music encouraging Eden forward through headphones, she swayed around the shop, alphabetically handling each tiny section.

It was a habit of hers to read the summary of books as she put them up—only if they caught her attention, though. In a matter of about thirty minutes, she had finished one section. Then another, and one after that.

Two hours passed, earning her about fifty bucks ( miss jenson was a generous lady, to say the least ). She ran upstairs to grab a snack from her kitchen, then came back down. A familiar face entered the store.

"Corpse?" Eden asked, making his body swirl around. His eyes met hers, his body loosening up. The store was practically empty besides them and the petite owner.

It was crowded with shelves, like a maze for those curious for knowledge. The air was warm compared to the frigid outdoors, and it was comforting to anyone who walked in, a musty smell surrounding the pieces of literature.

"Had a feeling I'd see you here, I wonder why." The sheepish tone in his voice caused Eden to scoff. She tip toed over to him and lowered both of their masks for a quick moment, tasting his lips like she hadn't in decades.

Immediately, Corpse's cheeks were crimson, a smile splitting from ear to ear.

"Missed me that much, hm?" she teased, poking his bicep and grabbing another book to shelf. He watched her actions, and rather than replying, he questioned her.

"Whatcha doing? Working? I didn't think you did that."

"Haha, very funny," she deadpanned, flipping him off. "No, I just wanted some money. My day was free, so here I am."

A hum left his mouth to show he understood, and he studied in detail the way she sorted them. Without being asked, he removed one of the AirPods from her ears and put it in his own, letting her music fill his brain. Currently, it was "Fly Me To The Moon" by Frank Sinatra.